What is the Best Movie (and WHY) You've Seen in the Last 3 Months : Swingers Discussion 2065341031
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumWhat is the Best Movie (and WHY) You've Seen in the Last 3 Months
TOPIC: What is the Best Movie (and WHY) You've Seen in the Last 3 Months
GoTo Page: Less ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... More 
Start   31 to 40 of 125   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I loved The Last Starfighter as well. What a concept to get recruited for stellar salvation based on your high score!

Jacksonville FL
Username hidden
(2271 posts)
I watched the Last Starfighter eleventy billion times when I was a kid.

"A mobile cave that never went anywhere" is one of my favorite movie lines.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19818 posts)
I fight for the users!

You should watch "The last Starfighter" and the "Explorers" next VA. The cheese-ball 80's vector graphics make me smile like I am 10 again every time.

Long Beach CA
Username hidden
(1757 posts)
I watched Tron a few days ago. I had forgotten what that movie meant at the time. The light cycles is still fun to watch.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19818 posts)
At almost 3 hours, Cloud Atlas was an interesting piece of cinematography. All the stars played multiple characters of both sexes over many different years in time.

I believe I'll have to see it again to get the full effect of what the story lines were promoting, but it was enjoyable and thought provoking. Plus I felt like I got my money's worth for a change...LOL (including the previews, 3 hours plus! LOL

I've always loved Tom Hanks! Love was the heart of the storylines. Can't deny that part of the movie.

I give it a big artificial schwanz up! LOL

Jacksonville FL
Username hidden
(2271 posts)
@SLO...

They said the same thing about McCarthy's "The Road". While it wasn't completely faithful to the novel, it DID go to places on the screen that tore my heart out the same as the book. McCarthy is one twisted individual (but in a good way) and pairing his work with the brothers Coen was sheer genius.

Long Beach CA
Username hidden
(1757 posts)
===== outdoorsWNC "No Country has as many awesome and exquisite scenes as any Coen Bros. movie; but it's really just an indulgence in their affection for ultra-violence, divorced from realism. "

I don't think the Coen Brothers "invented" the violence in "No Country for Old Men." Coincidentally, I picked up a copy of Cormac McCarthy's novel of the same name and from which the movie is derived. I'm about 2/3 through the book and I find so far that the movie is about 90% faithful to the book ... even the dialogue. One part that is different is that llewellyn had Chigure dead to rights and let him go, refusing to kill him. The movie treats that incident differently. There are a couple other deviations but the movie is spot-on to the book. The violence in that story is Cormac McCarthy's and not the Coen Brothers'.

Also, another of McCarthy's earlier novels from about 25 years back and which has been called "unfilmable," is probably going to see the light of day as a movie in the next year or so. That one is "Blood Meridian," full of senseless violence critical to the story line.

San Luis Obispo CA
Username hidden
(1209 posts)
Ditto to Kitten, lol. Loved it.

Kat

Username hidden
(1164 posts)
blt, saw the sitter a few days ago. it was hilarious!

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2071 posts)
Love the dialogue between Mosey and 10 Bears. One greatest in movie history .

Grifton NC
Username hidden
(1364 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... More 
Start   31 to 40 of 125   End
TOPIC: What is the Best Movie (and WHY) You've Seen in the Last 3 Months