Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Open Forum What is the Best Movie (and WHY) You've Seen in the Last 3 Months
TOPIC: What is the Best Movie (and WHY) You've Seen in the Last 3 Months
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... More 
Start   21 to 30 of 125   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Matrix, all 3 of them while visiting Luvrman :)

Worthington MN
Username hidden
(387 posts)
Yes, I saw Tropic Thunder. I mostly thought it was boring, EXCEPT for the parts with Tom Cruise.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20541 posts)
Vabeach.....Loved that movie! I was just good fun for us that grew up during that time!!!!!

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(3011 posts)
Rock of Ages was a good adaptation, but the stage show was so much better. Malim Ackerman has this weird quality about her that makes me want her one moment and then detest myself for thinking it the next. I don't know what it is...

I've been arguing with some of my friends that Alex Baldwin is the new William Shatner.

@VA...Did you see Tropic Thunder? Cruise steals the show in what's gotta be his best anti-Tom Cruise role to date.

Long Beach CA
Username hidden
(1757 posts)
We just watched "Rock of Ages".

Absolutely hilarious. Tom Cruise might be a weirdo, but he's a damn good actor. Ditto Alec Baldwin.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20541 posts)
Cloud Atlas...A fantastic piece of imaginatory wonder that leaves you breathless scene after scene.

I'm going to throw it out there right now that this film is by far and away the best film of the year, and should take in several technical Oscars and Golden Globes. The makeup and costumes were incredible, as was the cinematography and editing. Just absolutely awe inspiring. Stay for the credits to see the multiple roles of all the actors, some you'll know and others you'll be amazed by, and allow who they had become through the ages to sink in before you leave the theater.

I'll be seeking this out again on an IMAX screen very soon.

Long Beach CA
Username hidden
(1757 posts)
Is this the one (Liquid Sky v. Liquid Sky's)?? I didn't see this movie and it doesn't sound like one I'd watch, but who knows?

This probably isn't gonna help much, but I queried this movie on imdb and here are two reviews from the site, one written by a Brazilian guy, hence the grammar errors. There's also one retort that I noted below:

Liquid Sky (comedy, sci-fy - 1982) Invisible aliens in a tiny flying saucer come to Earth looking for heroin. They land on top of a New York apartment inhabited by a drug dealer and her female, androgynous, bisexual nymphomaniac lover, a fashion model. The aliens soon find the human pheromones created in the brain during orgasm preferable to heroin, and the model's casual sex partners begin to disappear. This increasingly bizarre scenario is observed by a lonely woman in the building across the street, a German scientist who is following the aliens, and an equally androgynous, drug-addicted male model. (Both models are played by Anne Carlisle, in a dual role.) Darkly funny and thoroughly weird. Written by Marty Cassady

In New York, a small flying saucer lands on the roof of a penthouse seeking for heroin. In the apartment, the cocaine addicted model Margaret is a promiscuous bisexual androgynous woman that lives with her lover, the drug dealer Adrian. Margaret has sex with many partners asking for cocaine in return. The aliens discover that the sensation of the orgasm is equivalent to the heroin and they suck the brains of Margaret's lovers, killing them first and then making their bodies disappear. Meanwhile, a German scientist is chasing the extraterrestrial beings and arrives in a building in front of Margaret's apartment to observe the creatures. Written by Claudio Carvalho, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

AND THEN, "Liquid Sky is a recital in duality Marty, I think you have no clue what you are talking about. The Margaret character is anything but a nymphomaniac... "

So, probably looking further on imdb will add some other information(?). SLO

San Luis Obispo CA
Username hidden
(1209 posts)
Has anyone seen Liquid Sky's? It's an old one, saw it in college last time. To this day and age, I have no clue what that movie is about and never really met anyone who did.

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(17265 posts)
PandoraBayou "They said the same thing about McCarthy's "The Road". While it wasn't completely faithful to the novel, it DID go to places on the screen that tore my heart out the same as the book. McCarthy is one twisted individual (but in a good way) and pairing his work with the brothers Coen was sheer genius. "

Wow, I have to agree with that "pairing" statement 100%! I was impressed with "No Country ...." not just because of the powerful story line and the acting, but also because I lived in El Paso and other parts of Texas and I have been to or lived in every place IN that book and am familiar with the people, the areas and the filming locations in those towns.

San Luis Obispo CA
Username hidden
(1209 posts)
Big Money Hustlas It's a classic

Toledo OH
Username hidden
(1440 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... More 
Start   21 to 30 of 125   End
TOPIC: What is the Best Movie (and WHY) You've Seen in the Last 3 Months