What is going on here : Swingers Discussion 45931
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumWhat is going on here
TOPIC: What is going on here
Created by: wifefirsttime
Original Starting post for this thread:
Okay, I logged on to find my profile was taken offline because I promoted a party and a business in my profile. I looked under the help section and NOW see that profiles cannot promote businesses, clubs or parties. Can I ask WHY someone cannot promote a party or the fact that they will be at a club? This makes NO sense to me at all. The "business" aspect has me stumped. On one hand I can understand it, but yet I don't feel advertising something, anything, would be taking anything away from the site itself. Can I ask for some feedback on this please?

Lora

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 14   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Okay, then if I'm going to a club, I can put it in my tag line, but if I'm hosting a house party, I can't. I can handle not "advertising" in my profile that I am a consultant for a toy company, but why on earth is there a problem with stating that we are having a house party? Since my "house" is not a club, I can't request VIP status. And I do know that some go for the VIP status just to be "special". I know of people who have actually hunt down owners to ask if they can be a VIP for that club, or hunted down a club that would allow "swingers" which in turn makes the person who did the "hunting" a VIP member. ALOT of people on SLS have house parties, and they ARE listed in forums, but sometimes you get people asking about your "party" because they saw your tag line. Some people do NOT read forums. So, you are losing alot of people's interest in attending a house party that they are close to because of lack of knowing about it.

Help me out here.

Lora

ps. I'm sure you noticed I did get around that one.... :)

Pittston Township PA
Username hidden
(1142 posts)
Lick_N_Nibbles,

These rules have nothing to do with money. They are in place for YOU. You said,

"Maybe this site ISN'T about MEETING other swingers anymore"

It is exactly about meeting other swingers. That is why we have the rule. When you are viewing profiles, do you want to wade through a bunch of profiles advertising businesses and services, or do you want to read profiles advertising people?

I did state that I would not flag a profile for just mentioning that they like to hang out at a specific club.

Free members can be VIPs. It has nothing to do with money.

Coral Springs FL
Username hidden
(1474 posts)
If you are just mentioning that you like to go to "Club X", I would not do anything. I try to look at the intent of the profile.

The state areas are there for posting events and parties, so you can post that sort of information in there.

Coral Springs FL
Username hidden
(1474 posts)
Lora,

It has gotten a lot more dictatorial on this site over the last year. Although I know that it’s a full-time job to manage a website, I’m also enough of a pragmatist to make the distinction that it borders on unreasonable to lump everything into one genre and classify a member who is simply stating where they’ll be on a given night with someone who is obviously hawking services with the intent of making a profit. This is neither fair nor just, but it IS the prerogative of the owners of SLS.

I think that the root of the issue here is that there is little incentive for them to cater to members who have already plunked down the $100 for a Lifetime membership; once they have your $100 there is no risk of losing any further revenue from us if we elected to tell SLS to take a flying leap.

In the long run, it’ll hurt them, once interest wanes because of all the senseless rules, restrictions, and ill-advised favoritism of certain members who claim to be liaisons for clubs. People will stop logging on to SLS & simply look elsewhere on the web for a site that caters more to the interest of its members.

-m

Holiday FL
Username hidden
(132 posts)
This must mean that when we are headed to a resort or a swinger's club, meet and greet, or list our favorite hangouts to find us at, and say so in our tag line and profile(as we have done), that we are somewhat, in Webbie's eyes, advertising for it?

In my eyes, it means that hubby and I are headed somewhere and letting SLS'ers know if they are headed there too, then let's meet.

Honolulu HI
Username hidden
(1488 posts)
We have a no advertising policy. You cannot advertise any services or busniesses in a profile. We want the focus of the profile to be on the indivual(s). Nobody pays us for any advertising on the site.

VIP members can post events related to their club. It does not cost anything to be a VIP member. The only requirement is that you be a club owner or representitive.

Coral Springs FL
Username hidden
(1474 posts)
First off, Atown.... I ASKED for feedback so I wouldn't take your post as offensive at all. I appreciate everything everyone has said on this topic.

2inVT.... I can understand your explanation of spam, and I thank you for teaching me something new. Never thought of spam that way. Also, never thought of Webby possibly having an agreement with a company to give them exclusive rights.

Thrill..... that was my thoughts when I started this post. I thought why shouldn't we be allowed to advertise being at a club, or hosting a party. I thought we were here to MEET other swingers face to face. Not only to communicate on SLS, so why should SLS have a problem if we try to connect with others via profiles and tag lines. I thought that's what we should use them for.

Again, I would like to thank everyone for their inputs on this subject. And I hope whatever Webby was trying to do, was handled.

Lora

Pittston Township PA
Username hidden
(1142 posts)
Lora, maybe you should consider the idea that Webby has contractual agreements with those companies and he is obligated to ensure he doesn't break the contract. They are paying him for that service where you are trying to take advantage of a free advertisement opportunity. This is his site and when you sign for the "agree with all terms and conditions" you are excepting his rules, whether you read them or not.

No Lora, I am not "Flaming, attacking, getting personal, making fun of you, being mean or judging you" I am answer your question put forth with my perception.

Allentown PA
Username hidden
(806 posts)
SandJ and 2inVT...... I agree, spam is "unwelcome advertisement". If it's in a forum post, it is my opinion that it is your decision to read that forum or not, so it's not FORCED on you. To me, that would be like saying you don't want to read about some clubs or parties or some forum posts that do not interest you, then you consider that spam.

Unwelcome advertisement would be something that is sent to you directly. I did read that forum post in PA, and can see that this person is advertising a contest. It is your decision if you want to participate or not.

I can understand webby not wanting other websites promoted on this site. But, if you go under sex toys, it brings you to a company website of Webby's choosing. I thought SLS was diversified that they would offer a variety of sites to choose from, not just 1. That sounds to me like communism

Just my thoughts.

Lora

Pittston Township PA
Username hidden
(1142 posts)
I always think of spam as any kind of unwelcomed advertising that is publicly distributed, or forced on us. With the emphasis on the "unwelcomed". For me its always been a "catch-all" phrase to refer to this type of stuff. When I browsed the Vermont forum and saw an "ad" for a toy party promotor, and a contest...and discovered they were five states away...I have to agree with 2inVT, that's a form of spam, or unwelcomed advertising.

If you are in business, and it is related to swinging, I see no harm in mentioning it in the profile...however, I think some folks would carry it a bit too far and end up advertising web pages, etc. That's probably why he took a hard line with all of it...there's a fine line between mentioning a business and unwelcomed advertising.

Cambridge VT
Username hidden
(6291 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 14   End
TOPIC: What is going on here