What do you collect : Swingers Discussion 2152631061
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumWhat do you collect
TOPIC: What do you collect
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Start   61 to 70 of 106   End
User Details are only visible to members.
When I do fashion doll makeovers, I sew {MOSTLY by hand} little outfits, strip the facepaint and paint it new, sometimes boil perms, I make their jewelry and do hand beading/sequining. I've even done miniature millinary. Sometimes, I even take scraps of fur and trim it down to scale, line it with satin, and make a stole to go with the little couture gowns. Usually takes me a week or two, once I get an idea to launch from. I love the creative process!

Mcallen TX
Username hidden
(10676 posts)
She's a doll.

Don't most dolls have enormous heads, way out of proportion to their bodies?

Look at the muscle definition on most male action figures. Christ. You think I could ever look like He-Man?

I hear adults crying about Barbie. Not children.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(18793 posts)
That makes good sense. Wow! You learn something every day.

All those fiddly little seams in doll clothes make me crazy. I never sew for anything smaller than human newborns.

Cincinnati OH
Username hidden
(3867 posts)
Although the debate is somewhat fascinating to me, one detail just kind of jumped out at me. Barbie's measurements. There is actually a very practical reason for her to have a figure such as she has. The reason her curves are so exaggerated is so that fully dressed and with the seam allowances in her garments, she looks very proportionate. So many tiny seams in an outfit if the waist were "normal" sized would in turn make her look downright chunky, which back in the day she was designed was not the norm. Women back then were much more petite than they are today.

Mcallen TX
Username hidden
(10676 posts)
Mickey Mouse. I have been collecting since I was a little girl. He makes me smile!

Burleson TX
Username hidden
(3121 posts)
I'm just stuck on the idea of Barbie's boobs having a hinge. Do they fold up toward her face or down?

Cincinnati OH
Username hidden
(3867 posts)
*So you are against such a doll to exist*

Not at all. Did you miss the post where I told you that I don't tell anyone what to do?

* but not against children playing with one if still was Sed?*

I'm not against anything. What I stated is that children should be children, that they'll have their entire lives to be an adult.

I can also appreciate the parent who does not wish to instill *their outlook* or perhaps even *society's outlook* on what a stereotypical woman/man should be. If I had a daughter, the very last thing that I'd want to make her think is that every woman should have children. Not all women have kids (certainly their womanhood isn't defined by whether she has kids or not).

Anyway, this is where I'm starting to feel a bit frustration because I am unable to express what is absolutely clear to me. This is where my language barrier kicks in. This is as clear as I can be on this topic!

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16378 posts)
I do have a collection of pocket lint on top of the washing machine. I mean, pocket lint IS collectable isn't it? :-D

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
I asked because I have a lot of pocket knives and guns. Most I use, some I don't. None are displayed as my painted birds are/were.

One gun is just too damn cool to take out. All that engraving and gold inlay. A crying shame to keep it locked in a vault.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
I mostly collect items from WW1 and WW2, From edged weapons,Rifles , Pistols, insignia, rings, helmets etc from either side of the conflicts. I also collect firearms, although I hav slowed my purchases of late. In the past year I started buying Items from the civil war.

I lost an extensive collection of miltary artifacts @ 2 years ago, that kind of devastated me, as some of the itmes were heirlooms or were given to me by people I had taken the time to speak to. It wasn't so much the value as it was the memories behind the items.

Burlingham NY
Username hidden
(9680 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Start   61 to 70 of 106   End
TOPIC: What do you collect