Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Open Forum What decade in your opinion turned out the best music of all-time
TOPIC: What decade in your opinion turned out the best music of all-time
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Start   31 to 40 of 45   End
User Details are only visible to members.
nuro> Bach, Mozart, & the Beatles

Woohoo! Now we're talkin'!

Baltimore MD
Username hidden
(3271 posts)
As I (Ms. Wildlife) have such a variety of music tastes, would say my favorites would come from the late 60s and early to mid 70s. The Motown music still gets me. As to the 80s, I was so busy raising babies, puppies, kittens, being a mother and slave and working full time, the entire era is a blank. I will hear a songs from the 80s, and have no clue where they came from.

Jerome PA
Username hidden
(12139 posts)
I can't really pick a "best", after all, my favorite thing is variety, and if I get bored with variety I'll pick hossenpheffer. (name that toon) But seriously, I'd have to go with late 60s and early 70s. That's the music we grew up with and what our band plays. But then again, there's the blues greats from the late 40s early 50s, like Robert Johnson and Howlin Wolf. And the early rockers from the late 50s early 60s, Buddy Holly, Chuck Berry, etc. The folk music of the early 60s, without it we'd have no Dylan or Seger, Pete, that is. And for that matter his son Bob, either. The hair bands of the 80s I've had to rediscover, I spent most of the 80s in bluegrass, thanks to disco and punk. And there's some really great newer rock coming out as well, Black Crows, Collective Soul, etc. What can I say, there's a lotta good in all of it. The only "music" that really turns me off is, rap, punk, disco, and hip hop. Hey Nutz! Imagine that! Something we agree on, Lol!

Mike

Bedford PA
Username hidden
(5527 posts)
Mid 60's to early 80's for us. We have a nice collection of music grom that period.

Center Valley PA
Username hidden
(9033 posts)
Have to agree late 60's through early 70's, and still play tunes from this era in bands also.

Rio Rancho NM
Username hidden
(319 posts)
My Darlin may heartily disagree with me, but I'll let him do his own post if he so desires : ). I don't know about the BEST music of all time, but as for the music that's the most fun? I've gotta go with the 80's. What can I say--I'm an 80's girl!

Clovis CA
Username hidden
(80 posts)
Curious. Thanks go to Radar on M*A*S*H*

Bethpage TN
Username hidden
(1037 posts)
then you also had earth wind and fire, the ojays,the platters,barry white,sly and the family stone,bill withers,wilson picket,some motown,miles davis damn revisting here may have to bring out the turntable tonight

Sarasota FL
Username hidden
(2069 posts)
each decade had so much to offer. The late 60's , the decade of writters and poets. The 70s the decade for more progressive and the jive discoin between some really great tunes were brought out. The 80's has some of the best stripper music available ever. Since then its been a difficult time with music, hence country ,country rock taking over the music scene and becomming more popular. As far as pure writting of music the alte 60's with the early 70's would have to take to the alter. with LZ,the who, guess who,traffic,dave mason,elton john,rod stewart,al stewart,yearbirds ,mountain,rush ,mahogany rush, rory gallager,robin trower,ten years after,pink floyd,bad company,joe walsh,outlaws,jethro tull way to many to list from that great era.

Sarasota FL
Username hidden
(2069 posts)
I'm an 80's music kinda girl...and have you heard Duran Duran's new song? LOVE it!

And I hate to point out errors, but the best color is OBVIOUSLY purple.

L. ; )

Ithaca NY
Username hidden
(1611 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Start   31 to 40 of 45   End
TOPIC: What decade in your opinion turned out the best music of all-time