What decade in your opinion turned out the best music of all-time : Swingers Discussion 392041021
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumWhat decade in your opinion turned out the best music of all-time
TOPIC: What decade in your opinion turned out the best music of all-time
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Start   21 to 30 of 45   End
User Details are only visible to members.
They are *very* historical dates that have everything to do with why the sixties was such a tumultous, wonderful, horrible time, and nothing to do with music.

Shadyside PA

Username hidden
(319 posts)
I wondered the same thing. I don't think it's the Beatles - they broke up in '69.

Baltimore MD

Username hidden
(3271 posts)
My own opinion is that the best music (at least since the death of Beethoven) was written and recorded in the period known at "The Sixties," which officially began on November 22, 1963, and ended on August 8, 1974.

Shadyside PA

Username hidden
(319 posts)
Dragon, don't forget Zepplin was heavily influenced by the blues greats of the 40s and 50s. You Shook Me, I Can't Quit You, How Many More Times, are all blues tunes from that era. Dylan was heavily influenced by Woody Guthrie. Bet it goes further than that if we look.

Bedford PA

Username hidden
(5527 posts)
Dose that mean we get the 2 points?

La Habra CA

Username hidden
(715 posts)
Does anyone out there remember the country group "Dave and Sugar"? I am not a big fan of country music,but I sure loved the music they turned out.

Brooklyn NY

Username hidden
(344 posts)
Curious, I believe that was Charles Emerson Winchester III. Trikes, You betcha! Can't forget ole John Lee, Slowhand, Or the man in black. But if we're making a party of it, don't forget to invite Emmy Lou, lol. Wish you guys was closer, too.

Mike

Bedford PA

Username hidden
(5527 posts)
Hey Jawwge, lets throw in some Clapton, John Lee Hooker, Jonny Cash. Like your style wish you were on the west coast.

Courious, was it Hawkeye

La Habra CA

Username hidden
(715 posts)
CuriousNew> "(too many notes)."

Ha!

Don't forget Handel! For my money, he's seems to me to be contemporary in style and progression. A bit pretentious, I'll grant you (or at least the legends surrounding him are).

Baltimore MD

Username hidden
(3271 posts)
You betcher hornswoggled shootin irons, ya long eared galoot!!! Can ya figger where Jawwge comes from?

Mike

Bedford PA

Username hidden
(5527 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Start   21 to 30 of 45   End
TOPIC: What decade in your opinion turned out the best music of all-time