What decade in your opinion turned out the best music of all-time : Swingers Discussion 392041011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumWhat decade in your opinion turned out the best music of all-time
TOPIC: What decade in your opinion turned out the best music of all-time
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Start   11 to 20 of 45   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Late 60s and most of 70s. Rock & Rol of course. Going to see Three Dog Night in Tunica MS nest Sat (Feb 26). Very good group. l

Jacksonville AR

Username hidden
(23 posts)
The 70's

The 70's for us is the best decade for music...the glam rock of Marc Bolan & T Rex, Ziggy Stardust & the Spiders from Mars as well as Roxy Music were very important for the evolution of music. The 70's gave birth to the Ramones...one of the most important American bands ever. Without the Ramones there would have no Punk groups from England such as the underrated The Damned..a class of 1976 English punk like their comrades in arms the Sex Pistols & the great Clash.

Of course one could argue the late 60's also played and important role in the shaping of 70's glam & punk...where would we be without Lou Reed & the Velvet Underground,with their honesty of the other America.. not the hippie peace & flower power that most see as the late 60's music.

The late 60's also gave birth to the great Detroit band the MC5's...their music questioned all of America's short comings from the war in Vietnam & the racial and class problems of the late 60's. Their music is still relevant in 2005 and beyond. Also from Detroit Iggy Pop & the Stooges...arguably the father of the punk movement.

Green Day's 2004 American Idiot...had many elements that their elder groups laid down back in the 70's. This of course doesn't even touch the surface of our love of the 70's music...Albums that have inspired us and we will revisit forever.

Burbank CA

Username hidden
(170 posts)
For me it's a tie between the 70s and 80s. I lot of the songs I sing today come from that decade because of great song writing, meaningful tunes, and a respect down the line of artist both "new" (at the time) and old.

Bren would say the 80s and 90s are a tie because her man, Dave Mathews, started his reign as heir apparent to the Greatful Dead crowd in that peirod (plus, he's a damn good musician along with his band). But also because the few bands and artist that rose above the schlock (Alice in Chains, Nirvana, Dr. Dre, etc.) started the "keeping it real" trend.

We both say "Yuck" to anything that has to do with American Idol, boy bands, girls who want to be real women, and the like. (are you listening Britney?)

Huber Heights OH

Username hidden
(14 posts)
actually after days of thinking you might have to put all the years in! I am just listening to joe walsh songs for a dying planet. Love decades,the friend song and coyote love which was made in the 90s but joe walsh is from the 60s and the james gang. Ok for all you music lovers anyone ever heard of star castle from the 60's?If you like YES then you may love star castle its the same sound pre YES. The strawbs?both ends burning. roxy music.obscure musical groups that did not have the pr that they needed to get the little extra push

Sarasota FL

Username hidden
(2069 posts)
I think to myself,in the 40's it was Frank Sinatra, in the 50's it was Elvis, in the 60's it was The Beatles, the 70's it was the Bee Gees,80's Michael Jackson, 90's it was Madonna. I wondering now who was the most influentual................?

Brooklyn NY

Username hidden
(344 posts)
Vaguely, Letrap. Late 70s early 80s? Around the same time as the Kendalls?

Bedford PA

Username hidden
(5527 posts)
Does anybody remember the country group : Dave and Sugar?

Brooklyn NY

Username hidden
(344 posts)
Yeppers Dragon, The bands and the instraments may change through the years, but the song remains the same.

P.S. If ya got any of Floyds influence, by all means roll it up and share it!!! Lol

Mike

Bedford PA

Username hidden
(5527 posts)
Back to the topic...

The lizzard king.

La Habra CA

Username hidden
(715 posts)
2 points to us. lol

La Habra CA

Username hidden
(715 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Start   11 to 20 of 45   End
TOPIC: What decade in your opinion turned out the best music of all-time