Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Open Forum What decade in your opinion turned out the best music of all-time
TOPIC: What decade in your opinion turned out the best music of all-time
Created by: letrap
Original Starting post for this thread:
Was it the 50's? The 60's? The 70's? The 80's? The 90"s? Did Michael Jackson do it for you? Did Elvis? The Beach Boys? Motown? Frankie Valli and the 4 Seasons? Patsy Cline? Diana Ross and the Supremes?What decade in your opinion put out the best music of all-time?

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
 1 to 10 of 45   End
User Details are only visible to members.
mid 70's through mid 90's...but I have a WIDE range as far as music goes

Mcallen TX
Username hidden
(10732 posts)
1970s I also really like the music from the 1940s

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7570 posts)
70s and 80s are my favorite decades.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(4449 posts)
The 60's and the 70's especially Chicago!

Center Valley PA
Username hidden
(9051 posts)
60's and 70's

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(8085 posts)
Love the 70s and 80s music.

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX
Username hidden
(18046 posts)
I would have to say hip hop in the 80's & mid to late 90's Country

Elkridge MD
Username hidden
(479 posts)
Usually but not always people who came of age in a certain area prefer the music of that area. My parents were partial to jams of the late 50s, 60s and early 70s.

I'm a DJ so I listen to dance music of all eras except late 60s till about mid 60s. I like all types of dance music (or what I think is dance music because we all have differences on that one too). I'm partial to Hip Hop because I've listened to it since 1979 but I am also a big fan of House Music too especially early house.

But none of that answers your question, what makes me like a song is if it sounds "fresh" years after hearing it. There were several songs I liked when they were hits at the times but when I hear it 5, 10 even 15 years later, it doesn't sound as good (case in point the popular "New Jack Sound" of the late 80s and early 90s). I think all eras had great music and I certainly have music styles I like but it's not the style of music it's the substance and because of that I don't really have a particular era (or decade).

Some of my favorites that stuck with time though would be:

Any of the Motown Norman Whitfield Productions (The Temptations, Gladys Knights and The Pips) The Philadelphia International Sound (Harold Melvin and The Blue Notes, The Spinners etc) SOME Disco (The Bee Gees, Chic, Heatwave) MOST funk (Parliament/Funkadelic/P-Funk Allstars/George Clinton/Booty's Rubberband, Slave, Zapp, James Brown, Fatback) MOST 70s Rock (The Who, The Rolling Stones, Rush, Foghat, Yes, Genesis when Peter Gabriel was the lead singer) MOST 80s New Wave and Punk (The Clash, The Jam, Adam and The Ants, Human League, Heaven 17, Thomas Dolby) MOST Hip Hop between 1979 and 1989 then after 1994

okay TMI, eh :)

D- of BBCaliCpl

Fresno CA
Username hidden
(124 posts)
Scanning the responses here it is evident what music is liked by your age.........the older we get the younger the year of music we like. This is fun to look at to see who likes what music.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(392 posts)
For me it was the 70's and early 80's..LOVED the music then and love to hear it now.

Carla ( of Joe and Carla)

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(392 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
 1 to 10 of 45   End
TOPIC: What decade in your opinion turned out the best music of all-time