Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Open Forum What's the difference between Spam and an invitation
TOPIC: What's the difference between Spam and an invitation
Created by: wifefirsttime
Original Starting post for this thread:
I've been in conversations with people about not wanting "spam" in their mailboxes. I'm curious what the difference is between SPAM, unwanted email, and party invitations. I know alot of people do not look in forums for events. I feel I would get more interest if I emailed people about a house/toy party I'm hosting, but I don't want to be considered a "Spammer". Can anyone help me in this?

Lora

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 6 of 6 
User Details are only visible to members.
Actually, if we lived closer to you, we'd be the first people there. We've gone to the M & G in New Hampshire that features a toy party, but its a ways away and not convenient for us to go every time.

I think you have a great idea....good luck.

Cambridge VT
Username hidden
(6291 posts)
Don't worry Techy.... I'm actually a little shy until I get started...if someone has interest in something, I respond to them the way they respond to me, be it in open chat, in private message, or even a whisper. I do try to respect all I cum in contact with. We are a very relaxed, go with the flow kind of couple. And we DO have more interests than just our "toys". It's usually me, the wife, on the site. Hubby lives through me, and sometimes doesn't even know what I'm up to (I'm forgetful at times, but nothing personal). Of course, trust isn't an issue with us, so he knows I'm on here. And if things go REALLY off the wall, I usually let him in on it. lol

I do appreciate all the info and different outlooks I was given on this subject. And it's nice to know what I can and can't do while on the site. Thanks Techy.

I did actually think I would get more interest in a house/toy party. I thought house parties were more what people preferred, and the toy party aspect could just be a great ice breaker. I mean, I thought this was still a sex site? Where are all the "open-minded", out going, like minded adults there are in the life style? I'm not a pushy person, so I wouldn't require orders, or play, but I thought I would see more interest. Any ideas?

Lora

Pittston Township PA
Username hidden
(1142 posts)
Our official policy is that we do not allow any advertising to be sent in private messages. That would include a party or event. If you post a party/event in the Events section of the forum and someone sends you a private message asking about it, then you could respond.

Parkland FL
Username hidden
(1474 posts)
2inVT and SandJ... Thank you for helping me figure out where that "line" is. Since I post on the forums, and tend to navigate to chat alot, I DO talk to alot of people. Some the subject of toys come up, some it doesn't. Just to let you know what I'm planning, and what I posted in my first post about my toy/house party, I'm going to pull a name out of the people who show up and that person will win any "hostess credits" for the night. (Sometimes it CAN add up!) We are supplying Coors Light, soda, and snacks. If anyone would like to bring something, that's their choice. I enjoy using the toy party aspect as an ice breaker with swingers. There will be rooms available to play in, if the mood strikes. I even carry alot of "samples" that can be used that night too. :)

I would just love to be able to get this out to as many people as I possibly could. If I see a tag line saying "looking for something to do June 25", I would email this person. But, I also wouldn't go "cold" sending out mail.

Lora

Pittston Township PA
Username hidden
(1142 posts)
Lora, I pretty much agree with 2inVT - with a little added to it. You post a lot on the forums, you and I have exchanged email regarding toys and lubes. If you sent emails to those folks you'd talked to on the forums, I wouldn't consider it spam, and I don't feel they would either. Unless they were 1000 miles away!

I know you want to promote your business in a way that isn't offensive, but I have noticed more and more, people are getting really sensitive about the spam that is clogging everything up. I'd stick with people you've spoken with before, that you know personally (or through email), and maybe post in the events section when you have a party coming up - and maybe turn your party into a kind of Meet and Greet. I know of a M & G in New Hampshire where the "entertainment" is a toy party.

Cambridge VT
Username hidden
(6291 posts)
I've been in conversations with people about not wanting "spam" in their mailboxes. I'm curious what the difference is between SPAM, unwanted email, and party invitations. I know alot of people do not look in forums for events. I feel I would get more interest if I emailed people about a house/toy party I'm hosting, but I don't want to be considered a "Spammer". Can anyone help me in this?

Lora

Pittston Township PA
Username hidden
(1142 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 6 of 6 
TOPIC: What's the difference between Spam and an invitation