Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › What's for Dinner
TOPIC: What's_for_Dinner
« Prev  1 ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ... 1476  Next »
91 to 100 of 14754
User Details are only visible to members.
florentine breakfast wrap (half) with about 5 onion rings (omg *good*)

taking the rest of the onion rings, what's left of the other half of my wrap after lil darlin sampled it, and about 1/3 of lil darlin's garden omelette home.

diner food: one portion = enough to feed an army.

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(12843 posts)
maybe chinese

Rockport MA
Username hidden
(12756 posts)
Marinade New York stripe steak Omg was soooo good

Ronkonkoma NY
Username hidden
(8252 posts)
Visiting Raleigh and hoping a favorite Mediterranean restaurant is still open - their roasted cauliflower is the bomb.

Clemmons NC
Username hidden
(3560 posts)
"not my fault, I didn't make it"

I don't know if there are established rules of waiting tables but one of them surely is that you are responsible for whatever comes to the table, especially if it's something visually noticeable (for instance, if it had shards of glass jammed into the crust - they couldn't see that and I wouldn't hold them responsible for it, but if they were noticeable, I would).

A friend of ours once said she would take a look at the food coming out and ask herself two questions:

1. Is this what was ordered?

2. Would I eat this?

#2 of course is a more generic question i.e. even though you are vegan Rabbit you still know a good steak from a burned one.

If the answer to either of those was no they wouldn't run it to the table.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(25279 posts)
....i'd have very nicely spoken to the manager about the attitude.

and yeah, BT, hate to throw stuff out so....if not tonight, maybe my lunch over the long holiday weekend one day.

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(12843 posts)
This should probably go in FB but ordered the pizza last night with roasted red peppers, spinach and banana peppers and red sauce with NO CHEESE and told them we were vegan. I saw the bartender write "NO CHEESE" but sure enough, it came out sprinkled with parm. I pointed it out to the server who brought it out and she said, "not my fault, I didn't make it" and refused to take it back. I had to walk it to the kitchen and explain to them we are vegan to get it remade.

They didn't charge us for the pizza but damn, what an attitude!

BT, feel free to join us out for a bite tonight, probably heading to the CBD.

~S~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(4173 posts)
Yeah, there's always that.

BT

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(11762 posts)
tonight prolly my kiddo's leftovers from tues

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(12843 posts)
I have no idea what to call it, but I started by cutting some red bliss potatoes into chunks and parboiling them before browning them in a little olive oil and holding aside. Browned a lb of Italian chicken sausage and vegan Field Roast and holding aside. Then. sliced and sautéed a whole sweet onion, and a red pepper, and added chopped Broccolini, then deglazed the pan with some chicken stock, covering with a lid and letting it simmer, before, adding back the meat and potatoes with a squirt of Sriracha. All in all a pretty simple meal.

Tonight, who knows. I'm kidless and cooking for 1. Prolly a frozen salmon or veg burger.

BT

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(11762 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ... 1476  Next »
91 to 100 of 14754
TOPIC: What's for Dinner
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.