Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › What's for Dinner
TOPIC: What's_for_Dinner
« Prev  1 ...  4.1  5.1  6.1  7.1  8.1  9.1  10.1  11.1  12.1  13.1  ... 1416  Next »
82 to 91 of 14157
User Details are only visible to members.
I love duck- domestic duck tastes far different than wild duck.

But that's not what I came here to say...

Around here, domestic (frozen) duck sells for about $6 a pound- making it about $12-$18 per pound for the boneless meat.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(5343 posts)
Duck *is* treated as something special, but I don't know why. $2.99 a pound whoop de do. Mind you you only get about about 2 pounds of "presentable" meat off of a 6 pound duck - plus 1 pound of shreds and 3/4 pound of usable fat - so I guess you're paying around $8 a pound. Still cheaper than a good steak.

None of this is directed at you, BT. I find it bizarre how people complain about $20 for a 6.5 lb duck which can be the basis for a stellar dinner for 4, but think nothing about blowing $75 on a night out drinking, or spend $3.99 on a jumbo bag of Doritos and then tell me they can't afford a bag of $3.99 oranges for their kids.

I guess my point is - even REALLY good food isn't THAT expensive, when compared to some of the dumb shit we often blow our money on. So - life is short. Eat the nummy food.

And - I think this duck confit is going to find its way onto nachos. To hell with the conflict of status.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(23721 posts)
Va, only because I eat duck so rarely that I think of it as something very special...and I think of nachos as being...not very special.

Have at it and let me know how it comes out.

BT

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(10705 posts)
homemade chili and garlic ciabatta bread

Rockport MA
Username hidden
(11222 posts)
BT: that sounds ducking fantastic. Why "against your better judgement"?

That's the first time that I accepted t when autocorrect changed fucking to ducking. Seemed apropos.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(23721 posts)
Fucked Up Duck Nachos has a nice Game Day sound to it.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(5343 posts)
Va,

Against my better judgement and with great respect for Donald and Daffy, I'm going to suggest (in honor of the NFL playoff games) Duck Nachos. Use the shredded meat as you would ground beef or pulled pork. Err on the side of shallots instead of onion...unless you're thinking sweet onion or scallion. Pick a complementary, meltable cheese, black beans, roasted corn, diced red peppers, fresh or pickled jalapeƱos, avocado, sour cream, maybe some fresh pico...and/or anything else you might typically use.

Just tossing it out there.

BT

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(10705 posts)
Hmmm..hard to say without tasting. Sounds good. Maybe serve it over some beef tenderloin, sirloin tips,...

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(4378 posts)
I'm whipping up lasagna for dinner

Fort Worth TX
Username hidden
(1489 posts)
Have a restaurant we frequent that makes a great duck club sandwich. Kind of a duck confit meats blt. Doing chili for dinner here

Summerville SC
Username hidden
(240 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  4.1  5.1  6.1  7.1  8.1  9.1  10.1  11.1  12.1  13.1  ... 1416  Next »
82 to 91 of 14157
TOPIC: What's for Dinner

This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy