Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › What's for Dinner
TOPIC: What's_for_Dinner
« Prev  1 ...  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ... 1455  Next »
71 to 80 of 14548
User Details are only visible to members.
No my wife doesn't read the forums. But she will admit she can't cook. He'll she can't boil water without burning it. She can't pop corn in a microwave, without burning the bag.

Lyons NY
Username hidden
(1762 posts)
just finishing up my smoothie and looking through my options to "complete" my dinner.

FWIW, i gave up seafood and shellfish many years ago out of concern for the increased pollution of the water and supply chain.

i can't quite believe how many years it's been that i have been vegetarian now. not always a healthy one but for the most part healthier and with a much cleaner diet overall than i would hazard 85 to 90 % of the people i know and come in contact with.

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(11067 posts)
I forgot - tonight it's fresh made bruscetta

~rabbit~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(3759 posts)
Tigg - are you implying that mercury is fine to ingest?

Tuna and swordfish are predators. Every fish they eat has mercury, so did the littler fish they eat, and so on. Tuna and swordfish travel long distances to hunt. They even come in close to shore to do so but it doesn't matter. Yes, some mercury is naturally occurring but the higher levels are mostly due to water pollution. Mercury is compounded in the body. It is not lost or expelled.

Mercury is proven to cause birth defects and serious illness. There are multiple studies around the globe that have raised alarms over the increased levels of mercury in certain fish. The fishing industry likes to poo-poo the idea to protect their interests but the scientific facts are there.

I can add in that the fact that Tuna and swordfish are caught far offshore is proof enough that humans shouldn't eat large quantities. We are not natural sea dwellers and it's only modernized fishing that caused these animals to become staples in many people's diets.

Like always, eat what you like but don't be ignorant of what you are eating.

~rabbit~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(3759 posts)
Thank you Tiggr you mean I'm not going to die from eating tuna ,

Ronkonkoma NY
Username hidden
(7038 posts)
Grilled chicken breast with grilled asparagus, onions and mushrooms coupled with a light vino.

Clemmons NC
Username hidden
(2996 posts)
wabbit the mercury in tuna ans swordfish is a natural occurance...........its been there forever....its inly recently that they can test down to almost the atomic level to tell you its there.............swordfish and tuna are caught hundreds of mile offshore so the mercury is natural occuring

Rockport MA
Username hidden
(12218 posts)
marinated chicken on the grill...........gonna start clucking soon but is 1.69 #

Rockport MA
Username hidden
(12218 posts)
<----hopes 315's wife doesn't read forums.

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(11067 posts)
Wife is picking up pizza tonight. I'm not upto it, but will take it over her cooking

Lyons NY
Username hidden
(1762 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ... 1455  Next »
71 to 80 of 14548
TOPIC: What's for Dinner
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.