Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › What's for Dinner
TOPIC: What's_for_Dinner
« Prev  1 ...  2.1  3.1  4.1  5.1  6.1  7.1  8.1  9.1  10.1  11.1  ... 1455  Next »
62 to 71 of 14548
User Details are only visible to members.
2,lb boiled Lobster (Tiggr I was thinking about you baby )

Ronkonkoma NY
Username hidden
(7035 posts)
some kind of grilled chicken

Rockport MA
Username hidden
(12218 posts)
stir fried veggies over rice--leftovers from lunch the other day

gonna add a smoothie to round off the day

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(11067 posts)
Meat Loaf , gravy ,salad coffee ( I really want Mash Pots But my will power kick in )

Ronkonkoma NY
Username hidden
(7035 posts)
I'm very worried about the "food" that comes from the Gulf. The Gulf is fairly polluted and the multiple oil spills that happen certainly don't help. What most people don't hear about is the ongoing oil spills that the news doesn't report. We just had another fairly big one in May and "small" ones happen all the time.

Because the fish/shellfish populations stabilized after the Deep Water Horizon spill and the fishing industry didn't collapse and the noticeable lesions, and mutations have subsided people think that the animals are safe to eat. Maybe they are, I think it's a risk.

But, people eat crap they know is bad for them regularly. They know it's bad. They hear of the risks but just put their head in the sand and eat it anyway. After all, in their mind, they won't be the one to get cancer from it or have a heart attack as long as they take their pills. Why should potentially toxic/polluted fish be any different? If it tastes good, eat it.

I'll stick with my veg diet and continue my 34% lower risk for breast, cervical and ovarian cancers--lower across the board for all cancers actually and my nearly nonexistent risk for heart disease and blood pressure issues (my blood numbers are always perfect and believe me, it's not good genetics). All the while I can enjoy all the bread, pasta, desserts, etc I like because I'm not putting it on top of crap food.

As always, others can eat what they like.

~rabbit~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(3759 posts)
Rabbit ,do you worry about the sea food that comes out of the Gulf at all .Between oil spills and what not I would think that's an issue . Long island is famous for our clams and oysters ,lately all the bay are getting messed up from ground run off ,and People feeding there dam lawns ,and cesspool ,Now aque farming is a big thing ,baymen take the clams and oyster and move them to cleaner waters its been work out good . I would hate to see our Baymen all go, its part of the history of Long Island .BIlly Joel a long Island hero is very much invole helping the Baymen One of my favorite is Down Easter Alxis he sing about the Baymen ok I hope I'm not boring you, the waters surround Long Island is a passion of mind ,I want to keep it clean and safe for my Grandkid xoxoxo Inez

Ronkonkoma NY
Username hidden
(7035 posts)
I'm not going to argue with you Tigg. You are part of the industry trying to spin the facts to protect your interests. But to say there is no human pollution offshore is pretty wacky.

It's easy for people to research it for themselves. There is plenty on info available just by doing a Google search for "mercury in tuna" (or swordfish).

~rabbit~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(3759 posts)
rabbit its always been there but now you can test for I part per million lol..........20 years ago it was there but they didn't have the technology to find it in such small amounts.........mostly these fish are far offshore where there is no human caused pollution

Rockport MA
Username hidden
(12218 posts)
I cant worry about a can of tuna ,something is going to do me In ,sooner or later ,I'm 56 yo and I'm doing just fine .I had breast cancer in 2003 and I beat that one .what ever comes along I will deal with it ,thank you all for your concern Love Inez

Ronkonkoma NY
Username hidden
(7035 posts)
No my wife doesn't read the forums. But she will admit she can't cook. He'll she can't boil water without burning it. She can't pop corn in a microwave, without burning the bag.

Lyons NY
Username hidden
(1762 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  2.1  3.1  4.1  5.1  6.1  7.1  8.1  9.1  10.1  11.1  ... 1455  Next »
62 to 71 of 14548
TOPIC: What's for Dinner
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.