What's for Dinner : Swingers Discussion 1093191052
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumWhat's for Dinner
TOPIC: What's for Dinner
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... More 
Start   52 to 61 of 12509   End
User Details are only visible to members.
A yummy smoothie. I came upon the nifty trick of freezing bags of washed kale for my smoothies.

Ocean City NJ
Username hidden
(5127 posts)
Starting with turkey aspic and horseradish. Main: roasted beef tongue over garlic mashed potatoes, side of garlic dill Romaine.

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16420 posts)
A rainy day calls for corn chowder to be made from the corn left over from yesterday's cookout.

Cincinnati OH
Username hidden
(3953 posts)
A zillion years ago, there was a chain of fast food Asian restaurants named Dosanko...does anyone remember them. They may have been in other cities. They made the best one bowl meals with noodles, meat or fish and veggies. Anyway, I had some rice noodles left over from when I made soup last week so I sauteed shrimp, then spinach, stir-fried the rice noodles and added the shrimp and the spinach, put a dab of sesame oil and lite soy sauce and stirred a little. It was really good. I hit it with a lil heat from habanero pepper sauce. It could have been more moist because I did not add broth but it was really good, attractive and a nice change.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(3172 posts)
girls and I had pasta, Trooper was off tailgating at the football game.

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17839 posts)
Bahamian jerk grilled chicken breast asparagras grilled with EVOO and sea salt

vanilla pineapple ice cream

Rockport MA
Username hidden
(6563 posts)
japanese seaweed salad and a sweet potato roll.

mm mm mmm.

Manville NJ
Username hidden
(1745 posts)
Taste is subjective, but give it a run next time. The she crab soup was delicious. Though, I avoid cream/dairy like the plague. Had it at a place called Firefly.

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(8318 posts)
BT: Noted and thanks for additional tips.

I LOVE SHE CRAB SOUP! I know you can probably make your own w/o a lot of additives but Gullah Gourmet, a small company in Charleston, SC, you may have heard of them, they have all the ingredients in a can (I know) and all you have to do is add the milk, I think, anyway they have a website. It is so good. Also good is the peach cobbler, all you do is add a can of peaches. Their items are on my Christmas list for this year. I had wild boar once, again, in SC. It was so good and the sauce the guy made from scratch was beyond delicious.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(3172 posts)
Next time, try sautéing the carrots first, too. Don't use too much olive oil. I toss the diced/cubed carrots in a ziploc with a little oil and then, drop them in a hot (dry) skillet. You'll be surprised what a little caramelization will do to the flavor of your soup. Raw veggies added to a boil, lose almost all of their flavor. If you use the trilogy;onions, carrots, celery, add them to the skillet in order of "hardest to softest". Its common sense, but some miss that and their onions burn before the carrots and celery are anywhere near done. The longer you cook the aromatics, the richer your soup.

You can also avoid corn starch by pulling out a few cups of the soup as it cools and running it through a blender, or drop an immersion/wand blender in it. The, add it back to the soup and stir. The starch in the beans will thicken the soup.

If you wanna dress it up at service, roast an ear of corn on a stove top griddle, cool, shave off the kernels. Spoon a little corn, salsa, and dollop of sour cream on top of the soup. Diced scallions are a nice add, too.

I went out to dinner with friends last night and had she-crab soup and a roasted boar shank. I don't need to eat today.

BT

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(8318 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... More 
Start   52 to 61 of 12509   End
TOPIC: What's for Dinner