Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Open Forum What's for Dinner
TOPIC: What's for Dinner
GoTo Page: Less ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... More 
Start   31 to 40 of 13052   End
User Details are only visible to members.
interesting about the pea protein! I used to do a lot of Arbonne's protein powder which is pea protein based because it was the only one I felt like tasted good and was not full of chemicals. I have to avoid soy.

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(18568 posts)
No I don't avoid Tofu or tofu based proteins. I often make my own "meats" (seitan) though and that is make from wheat gluten and garbanzo flour as a base.

There is also a newish product called beyond meat that is pea protein based. It did phenomenally well in taste tests. in fact, on the today show it completely fooled the hosts even when comparing the taste and texture side by side with real chicken and beef.

~rabbit~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(530 posts)
Sounds good anyway, Rabbit!

A couple weeks ago I adapted a recipe for spicy chicken soup from "all recipes" and it was fantastic! We eat meat but one of my kids has introduced me to vegetarian fake chicken since she and her husband are vegetarians. It would probably be a good substitute for this soup. Do you avoid the tofu-replaced meat imitations?

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(9507 posts)
Scandle - Sadly, being sick, I did not cook from scratch. I simply opened a can of Progresso Tomato Basil soup and added an obscene amount of cayenne, garlic and crystal hot sauce to it

~rabbit~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(530 posts)
Again something Trooper would love...poor man cursed with a wife that doesn't do spicy food. He keeps his stash of hot sauce and peppers by the table.

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(18568 posts)
Rabbit, the Scandles love spicy food! Would you mind sharing your recipe with me?

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(9507 posts)
Peg mrs saw that and i now baking away...lol She only has double chocolate brownie mixes...so brownies it is....

Ukiah CA
Username hidden
(1195 posts)
I forgot! My dinner tonight is Creole Tomato soup -- super spicy from loads of hot sauce, cayenne pepper and garlic (to help drive the cold demons from my body) with crostini for dipping.

~rabbit~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(530 posts)
"poor scamp.......no more big thick steaks ha ha "

Actually Scamp doesn't tend to eat stuff like that anyway since it's fairly unhealthy BUT he gets to eat whatever he wants. If we go out, and he wants to order a steak, he can....just like if you came to town to visit and we all went out to eat you could order whatever you wanted as well.

I don't tell others what to do or how to do it and I tend to give back the same (if not more) respect than I am given

The good news for Scamp is that I enjoy cooking and I'm fairly good at it (I'm currently working on a cookbook to publish). I may cook vegan BUT few omnivores have complained about my food and most have a hard time believing their are no animal products in it.

~rabbit~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(530 posts)
poor scamp.......no more big thick steaks ha ha

Rockport MA
Username hidden
(7533 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... More 
Start   31 to 40 of 13052   End
TOPIC: What's for Dinner