Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › What's for Dinner
TOPIC: What's_for_Dinner
« Prev  1 ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  ... 1417  Next »
201 to 210 of 14163
User Details are only visible to members.
Did I start some kind of a food fight , Rabbit must be all the beans that's making you cranky honey .

Ronkonkoma NY
Username hidden
(4540 posts)
I'm a kiddotunitarian...whatever I think my kids might eat that isn't totally repulsive to Trooper and I is what gets served. Although we do pasta as a side a lot because our youngest is really a pain in the ass about food. Usually it is just for the kiddo's trooper and I are usually eating some lovely sauteed veggies.

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(20793 posts)
I'm a proxy vegetarian - I eat vegetarian animals.

Well, mostly. Most bigger fish are carnivores so I guess that's not entirely true.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(23729 posts)
i am also an opportunitarian, lol. whatever is on sale is what's for dinner

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2597 posts)
I often call myself an opportunitarian: I am mostly vegetarian, but if someone prepares a meal with ingredients I do not normally eat, I may partake anyway, especially if it means not having to inconvenience anyone. All that Catholic upbringing, I suppose!

I also have to admit that due to rabbit, njny and the influence of a close friend who is vegan, I have begun to cut even my modest amount of meat and dairy back. Interestingly, I actually started eating more meat again(almost always organic, free range, grass fed, eggs from friend's chickens, etc.)when I decided to give up processed soy and wheat products and cutting wheat out almost altogether. I was on a little bit of a bender for a time after having been vegetarian for so long - although I drew the line at veal - but I do not want to put money into the pockets of meat, dairy or fishing mega industries.

I admire people who practice what they preach, and I hope one day to be a little better at it.

Ocean City NJ
Username hidden
(5807 posts)
My bitchy self approves of this informative and completely civil discussion

Ocean City NJ
Username hidden
(5807 posts)
Trooper would love a lot of what Rabbit cooks, he loves Cajun spices and food that is a bit spicy which he doesn't get here at home very often because I can't eat it.

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(20793 posts)
You're offended that this conversation evolved into a civil discussion on the proper definitions of vegan, vegetarian etc? No one is fighting and hopefully, some of us learned something new.

BTW, rabbit's four-bean chili was delicious last night!

~scamp

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(2946 posts)
OMG I'm sorry I ever started this ,Eat what you want I'm going back to work with the insane people

Ronkonkoma NY
Username hidden
(4540 posts)
*snort* at swimming tofu.

i've always replied "vegetarians don't eat fish--that's pescetarians" as matter of factly as possible.

i knew someone once who called herself a vegetarian but who regularly ate chicken. i shook my head after twice having the general discussion about vegetarians eat no dead flesh--in one ear right out the other.

it is what it is.

i don't use or eat too many of the "faux" meats -- i try to avoid processed foods so most of my food is plant based and as close to its "from the earth" form as possible. once in a while we have the fishless fish or use the crumbles for stir fry or taco/burrito, even chili mac n cheese. but mostly it's bean or lentil based. just don't miss or crave the other flavours much.

Manville NJ
Username hidden
(8977 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  ... 1417  Next »
201 to 210 of 14163
TOPIC: What's for Dinner

This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy