What's for Dinner : Swingers Discussion 10931910171
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumWhat's for Dinner
TOPIC: What's for Dinner
GoTo Page: Less ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... More 
Start   171 to 180 of 12342   End
User Details are only visible to members.
pickeled herring is really salted marinated herring in a wine sauce which is 95% wine vinegar and herbs and spices..........

I think the aforementioned is kippered herring

pickeled herring has a mild sweet smell from the spices sugar and wine vinnegar

Rockport MA

Username hidden
(6298 posts)
According to Wiki, pickled herring (surstromming) is a staple of northern Swedish cuisine. There's more in the article, but there was a particularly pertinent paragraph....

"When opened, the contents release a strong and sometimes overwhelming odour; the dish is ordinarily eaten outdoors. According to a Japanese study, a newly opened can of surströmming has one of the most putrid food smells in the world, even more so than similarly fermented fish dishes such as the Korean Hongeohoe or Japanese Kusaya.[4]"

Sheboygan Falls WI

Username hidden
(8620 posts)
I'm curious how someone becomes a fermented herring expert, let alone becoming the fermented herring expert called in to investigate an expanding can of herring.

Maybe I don't want to know.

Brooklyn Park MN

Username hidden
(3843 posts)
Was a bad boy at lunch, so its micro wave scrambled eggs with a slice of dry toast, with a cup of tea.

Lyons NY

Username hidden
(281 posts)
Not this. Any food in which one must notify the army about its hazards is off my menu.

A fermented herring expert has been called to help "disarm" a 25-year-old can of the odorous Swedish delicacy that managed to literally raise the roof of a cabin in northern Norway.

"If there's any fish left in the can, I'm going to eat it," Ruben Madsen of Sweden's Surströmming Academy told The Local. Madsen is set to travel to a cabin in the Norwegian mountains next week to help "disarm" a recently discovered can of fermented herring dating from 1990.

Cabin owner Inge Haugen found the forgotten can after peeking under the eaves to find a swelling can of surströmming that had been expanding over the past two and half decades. He reckoned the bulging tin had raised the cabin's roof by about two centimetres.

The find left him concerned that the can might explode at any moment, prompting him to warn his neighbours. Norway's Armed Forces were also notified about the impending "stink bomb".

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17601 posts)
Pan seared salmon, tossed green salad and vegetable stir-fry....I am getting leaner....finally, thank God! Oh, and Dr. Oz. The plan works!

Vero Beach FL

Username hidden
(2142 posts)
Chicken and corn on the cob off the grill on the patio, oven rroasted broccoli

Mcallen TX

Username hidden
(9980 posts)
Ribeye steaks (Choice, boneless, on sale for $5.98/lb) and fresh asparagus.

Fort Worth TX

Username hidden
(116 posts)
fried rice and crab rangoons

Rockport MA

Username hidden
(6298 posts)
Shrimp stew and corn bread. It is good to be home.

Los Angeles CA

Username hidden
(233 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... More 
Start   171 to 180 of 12342   End
TOPIC: What's for Dinner