Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Open Forum What's for Dinner
TOPIC: What's for Dinner
GoTo Page: Less ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... More 
Start   161 to 170 of 13078   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Steak, squash and baked potato. Hubbies favorites since he will be on the road again.

VA, sounds like your inlaws are like mine and just can't cook. They love when I'm there for the holidays, I do all the cooking for days on end for up to 18 people. We have a veggie in the group, I can cook for her and make her pretty darn happy. Vegan I would have to do more thinking then I usually do but I could work with it. Soy and I do not get along though. I like my thyroid to keep what function it has.

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(18982 posts)
Please don't misunderstand the meaning of this...

I eat vegetarian when I visit Mrs. VA's family. While I'm not excited about it, I do it out of necessity, although if we go out to eat I do eat meat. I try to avoid something totally offensive to them like rare rib roast. But anyway...

Some of the stuff they eat is just downright weird. There is some very good vegetarian food without going for all this bizarre stuff that they don't even seem to like. When they came to visit once I made a big vegetable stir fry with chili oil and peanuts. They raved about it like it was some crazy inventive stuff. I mean - really? I would think it's obvious, but to them it was not.

Oh well. I doubt I'll ever get the opportunity, Ms. Rabbit, but if I do, I'll make you one.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(21813 posts)
Turkey bugers, was going to make a turkey meatloaf mixed with salsa but the mrs wants burgers.

Ukiah CA
Username hidden
(1572 posts)
Different vegan hot dogs (and other "meats"") are made of different things. I have hot dogs in the house that are soy based and others that are wheat gluten based. I also have had ones that were grain/veggie based.

Some are better than others. The Field Roast brand is pretty phenomenal and that's what I used in my (cheeseless) mac and cheese (vegans don't eat dairy or eggs either). I thrive on a totally plant based diet.

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(604 posts)
Mrs. VA's Dad calls vegan hot dogs "not dogs".

We have similar names for other vegetarian or faux things, like "facon" (for bacon), "fugar" (for Splenda), etc.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(21813 posts)
FMI what is in a vegan hot dog???

Rockport MA
Username hidden
(7686 posts)
Especially not when they are vegan ;^)

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(604 posts)
VA not if they are kosher

Rockport MA
Username hidden
(7686 posts)
Mmmm.... hot dog.... mystery meat.....

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(21813 posts)
As the rain slowly builds I'm wanting comfort foods--well my idea of comfort foods. A big salad loaded with veggies and nuts and mac and cheese with broccoli and a gourmet hot dog cut up in it.

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(604 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... More 
Start   161 to 170 of 13078   End
TOPIC: What's for Dinner