Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › What's for Dinner
TOPIC: What's_for_Dinner
« Prev  1 ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  ... 1490  Next »
151 to 160 of 14891
User Details are only visible to members.
BLM - it is an America's Test Kitchen recipe, which generally means some aspects sound absurd but success if followed is guaranteed.

Top sirloin is good steak to do this with, although the result with ribeye is outstanding. Since it's just Mrs VA and I this is a small batch - 3 burgers.

- steak - 14-16 ounces. Cut into pieces about 3/4 inch.

- butter. 1 tbsp per 4 oz. cut into 1 tbsp pieces.

Lay them out (including the butter pieces) on a tray or plate open in the freezer. After around 30 minutes move them around so they set up evenly. You want the meat to be stiff, but not exactly frozen. Cue the jokes about stiff meat. This can take longer if you are doing a large batch or if your dish doesn't allow them to be spread out in a single layer.

Add the mixture - max 1 pound - to a food processor. Add 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper (you of course can monkey with this, but don't skimp on the salt).

Whip that baby up. Don't do it too long. You want the pieces to be perhaps slightly larger than grains of cooked rice. Maybe like the size of Rice Krispies.

Mold into patties. Don't work the meat too much. Press a dimple down in the center of each pattie.

The grill should be blazing hot. Oil the grill with some olive oil on a paper towel. Throw the patties on dimple side up. Close the lid and leave them for 4 minutes (this will depend on your grill, but mine is around 650 when fully hot).

They should be nicely crispy on the bottom side. Turn once. Lid down. 3 minutes max. Less if your grill is creating total hellfire.

The takeaways:

Make sure the meat is quite stiff before putting it in the processor or it'll smear around.

Don't work it too much, but it should be freely flying around in the processor.

Turn the patties only once, and don't do it too early. You want a nice crust on the meat before turning. There should be no pink visible when you turn it. The entirety of the cooking should only take 5-6 minutes, assuming your grill is really hot.

I tried adding bacon pieces to the processing. It did not impress like I hoped it would, unfortunately.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(25972 posts)
BT does that mean u are near Atlanta?

Dallas GA
Username hidden
(1715 posts)
Leftover chicken tacos. The flavor just gets better with time!

Monongahela PA
Username hidden
(250 posts)
Cheese omelet with bacon and mushrooms ,black coffee

Ronkonkoma NY
Username hidden
(9039 posts)
I think there's possibly something southern on the menu.

BT

Los Angeles CA
Username hidden
(12179 posts)
burritos woth chicken and cheddar cheese

Rockport MA
Username hidden
(13145 posts)
a small cup of winter squash soup and....homemade grilled cheez on fresh potato bread.

(i figured since i had only a smoothie and a latte all day long, and a good workout too, i could splurge.)

oh. em. gee.

SO good!

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(14138 posts)
VA I love a good cheeseburger. Please share that one.

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(6114 posts)
I would never let someone go hungry

Dallas GA
Username hidden
(1715 posts)
BBQ chicken wings ,salad .diet coke

Ronkonkoma NY
Username hidden
(9039 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  ... 1490  Next »
151 to 160 of 14891
TOPIC: What's for Dinner
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.