Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › What's for Dinner
TOPIC: What's_for_Dinner
« Prev  1 ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ... 1416  Next »
141 to 150 of 14157
User Details are only visible to members.
going to a party and eating whatever is on the table ............vanilla party so no pussy on the table lol

Rockport MA
Username hidden
(11222 posts)
filet mignon on the barby grilled veggies...........just like summer

Rockport MA
Username hidden
(11222 posts)
filet mignon with bernaise sauce garlic mashed broccoli with butter

filet cooked so it was pink in the middle .....just like my other favorite treat

Rockport MA
Username hidden
(11222 posts)
"Except... it wasn't the way Mom made it, complete with that special taste and the unnatural orange color."

You mean like Kraft mac and cheese? I used to love that when I was younger. According to the package, I was a family of 4.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(5342 posts)
Yup. My oldest sister...the wicked smaaht one, uses Velveeta. One Christmas, I pulled a recipe off of epicurious and made a bechamel base as the base. Complete with clove-spiked onion...Used good quality English cheddar too and made my own breadcrumb topping... My niece said it was better than her mom's, but "wasn't Orange enough".

Damn kids.

BT

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(10705 posts)
BT, your story reminded me of a time many years ago when my great grandmother was taking care of me and my sibs, all young children. We asked for macaroni and cheese but she had never heard of it before. Willing to do ANYTHING for us kids, she slaved away for a couple hours, and served what was probably a quite lovely and delicious plate of mac 'n cheese. Except... it wasn't the way Mom made it, complete with that special taste and the unnatural orange color. We ate only a bite and pushed it aside. After that I think she gave us a PBJ to get through the night!

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(10766 posts)
They cleaned their plates, but I think from spending time with their mom and their friends, they're getting exposed to the chicken nugget, Mac n cheese, frozen pizza side of the culinary world.

Not sure about tonight..

BT

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(10705 posts)
BT, twasnt the best target audience for your efforts maybe?

last night was a spinach salad---simple and yummy

Manville NJ
Username hidden
(8972 posts)
I will write it in the Recipe Sharing thread later. It's pretty involved, I'm warning you, and involves deep frying (but it's not greasy - honest). To get dinner for 6 ready by 7 pm involves getting started at 4 with very few breaks.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(23719 posts)
VA, recipe please??

Smoked a tea-brined chicken yesterday. Set it up to brine overnight on Tues. Rinsed and let it dry a bit midday Weds, and put it in my Luhrs Jensen Lil' Injun (no direspect intended to any N.A. Folks) smoke box over some cherry and mesquite chips for two hours before finishing in the oven. Served with roasted root veggies, and flash-boiled kale that I finished/sauteed in the chicken drippings.

...Served it to a 14 & 10 year old, who bitched about not getting Mac n cheese...

Its a Wonderful Life,

BT

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(10705 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ... 1416  Next »
141 to 150 of 14157
TOPIC: What's for Dinner

This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy