Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › What's for Dinner
TOPIC: What's_for_Dinner
« Prev  1 ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ... 1525  Next »
131 to 140 of 15248
User Details are only visible to members.
Corn on the cob. Two ears for me and one of the Mrs. no butter. Its naked pool party time in Vegas and Mrs wants to be at her 117lbs weight.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(5820 posts)
Surprise last night ,my guy took me out to diner and I had a delicious Skirt Steak , few glasses of Red wine perfect evening .( he got an ATTA BOY later )

Ronkonkoma NY
Username hidden
(11518 posts)
Family night. Grilled Boston Butt, Bushes Baked Beans and coleslaw. Some had a glass or 2 of our homemade cranberry wine but I stuck with my Capt'n

Lake Butler FL
Username hidden
(604 posts)
I dunno. They just amuse me. Like the first time I heard the term "tofurkey".

Mrs. VA's FIL calls meatless hot dogs "Not Dogs".

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(28570 posts)
I'm curious VA, why do you find the names so amusing?

~rabbit~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(5628 posts)
LMAO I love the names.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(28570 posts)
Yeah you shared that method but my tofu press will practically dry it to dust if I start it early and torque the hell out of it.

I've retained the info you shared if I'm ever short on time though.

You'll be happy to know that I made chickun pot pie last night and have perfected my seitan recipes for lobstar and crawfysh

~rabbit~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(5628 posts)
I was hoping it would be another amusing name for faux meat (porq, beaf, etc...)

Did you ever try the trick to use hot salt water to drive the water out of tofu to help it crisp up? I think it was you I told about it but I couldn't remember the details. I found the method...

- Press the block of super-firm tofu between paper towels like you normally would for about 15 minutes. Keep it in the fridge while you're doing it

- Bring a quart (or whatever "enough" water will be) of water to a boil. Add 3 (yes, 3) tbsp salt for every quart of water. This will make the water a little saltier than seawater.

- Cut the block into whatever sized pieces you need and put them in a heat-proof container (like an empty pot)

- Pour just enough water over the tofu pieces to submerge the pieces. Leave the lid off. The cold tofu will cool the boiling water down quickly so you only want enough to cover it and "shock" the outside of the pieces.

- After 15 minutes drain the water away and spread the tofu out on paper towels.

- Proceed with tofu cooking madness.

Note that the purpose of the salt is to denature the protein, not flavor it (although it will to some extent). You can use salt other than plain ol' table salt but it won't help any more. If you use ones with significant amounts of other minerals it can hamper the protein tightening and interfere with the process.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(28570 posts)
Roasted golden beets and brussel sprouts with crispy tofu served with some toasted middle eastern couscous.

~rabbit~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(5628 posts)
Turkey lunch meat (health food for me), baby carrots, pretzel sticks & milk.

Annie

Lafayette TN
Username hidden
(3251 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ... 1525  Next »
131 to 140 of 15248
TOPIC: What's for Dinner
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.