Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › What's for Dinner
TOPIC: What's_for_Dinner
« Prev  1 ...  1063  1064  1065  1066  1067  1068  1069  1070  1071  1072  ... 1516  Next »
10671 to 10680 of 15159
User Details are only visible to members.
Battered pork chops & a salad.

Centennial CO
Username hidden
(3975 posts)
Thank you so much for the research. I know their prices are over the top which is why I only "treat" myself once in a while. My consolation is the medallions have no bone. I've noted the places you mentioned and will check them out.....thanks again.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(7424 posts)
Hi BLT, just went to Allen Bros. There's is cervena which means it's Australian and range raised in a specific area. Although having no personal experience with that specific company, I'll say the fact that they only carry two cuts of venison clearly shows it's not their specialty in the least. Nor is other game. The prices had me shocked. Especially the chops. Hello??? $74.95 for 4 three to four ounce chops? Of which minimum one ounce is the bone. Next time, try Underhillfarms, ElkUSA or BrokenArrowRanch. All with the dot com. While you're at it, get some wild boar. Awesome ;-)

Saint Augustine FL
Username hidden
(12566 posts)
Wow, venison or deer has opened a whirlwind of discussion. All I want to know is am I getting the best quality for the money I spent. So, if someone has time, and if not, it's all good, could you check out allenbrothers dot com for me and let me know. I am planning to use their Teriyaki marinade to cook the medallions. Thanks loads.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(7424 posts)
Oh I didn't mean it like that. It's no big deal.

Saint Augustine FL
Username hidden
(12566 posts)
Again my bad LW, I often direct my posts to other posters as if I was standing directly to them engaged in a conversation. Just a habit I will have to watch and maybe modify.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
Oh, I know that. I was just pointing out that by specifically directly aiming the info at me of farm versus wild was a bit puzzling. Hugs to you.

Saint Augustine FL
Username hidden
(12566 posts)
Sorry LW I did not intend for it to sound like a lecture. Just putting out the information.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
Psst, I'm an Indian who has been hunting and cooking since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Remember? Thank you for sharing all your information. But frankly, directed as a lecture at me, who is also a professional chef... I love the exchange of information, but your tone is a bit off in my mind.

Saint Augustine FL
Username hidden
(12566 posts)
LW I am one of those odd people who is not a fan of steaks. I much prefer slow roasted and stewed meats to steaks. Grass fed beef is much better for this due to the stronger flavor that shines cooked that way. It is still not the same as game because there is not the same amount of exercise and hormones from survival that game meat has. The commercial meat industry go through measures to slaughter to avoid the release of hormones into the meats that most consumers are not accustomed to. Some Asian countries try to induce stress prior to processing to make the flavor stronger. I was told that it was the reason for hanging chows, which is extremely cruel.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  1063  1064  1065  1066  1067  1068  1069  1070  1071  1072  ... 1516  Next »
10671 to 10680 of 15159
TOPIC: What's for Dinner
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.