Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Open Forum What's for Dinner
TOPIC: What's for Dinner
GoTo Page: Less ... 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 ... More 
Start   10651 to 10660 of 13578   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Thanks!! I will let you know how it turns out!! Sounds good!

Myerstown PA
Username hidden
(4985 posts)
1/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth 5 teaspoons butter, melted 1 large garlic clove, minced 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs preferably panko 1 tablespoon grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese 1 teaspoon paprika 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper 4 thin slices prosciutto (about 2 ounces) 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 350°. Place broth in a small microwave-safe bowl; microwave at high 15 seconds or until warm. Stir in butter and garlic. Combine breadcrumbs, Parmigiano-Reggiano, and paprika in a medium shallow bowl; set aside.

Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap, and pound each to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt, oregano, and pepper. Top each breast half with 1 slice of prosciutto and 1 tablespoon mozzarella. Roll up each breast half jelly-roll fashion. Dip each roll in chicken broth mixture; dredge in breadcrumb mixture. Place rolls, seam side down, in an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Pour remaining broth mixture over chicken. Bake at 350° for 28 minutes or until juices run clear and tops are golden.

Saint Augustine FL
Username hidden
(12560 posts)
Hi LW !! I would love a lighter version!! And again congrats on your new venture!!! I hope it goes well for you !!!

As for the flowers, I am not sure of the total amount... from the size and type I would say maybe 25-35$ per centerpiece(tons of daisys, mostly in shades of pink from 1/2 dollar size to 4" rounds) and they used the 6 bridesmades as centerpieces for 6 of the tables, the brides flowers were not much bigger or diffrent,( they added 4 pink roses) so maybe 35-45$ and her throw away was silk....oh and maybe 12-20 flowers on the cake

Cake was a small 3 layer for display ( top layer taken home ... umm normal 4 inch, 6 inch and 8 inch) and then sheet cakes for guests....

Myerstown PA
Username hidden
(4985 posts)
Of course you can blow a wad just on flowers. Do you know what portion of the cost was the food? You're right, menu didn't sound all that spectacular.

Do you want to do a classic cordon bleu or a lighter version?

Saint Augustine FL
Username hidden
(12560 posts)
I agree there have have been more expensive wedding I have seen but just thought the 27 was high for 154 people.....it works out to @ 175$ a person....the centerpieces were beautiful,colors were pink and teal, "favors" every other seat was a mini bottle of wine, or a silver fork.....the wedding was out by the pool, with the golf course as the back drop... not to many other items out for the cermony....meals, I didnt think were anything spectaullar... beef, chicken or crab cake with rice and green beans... a small salad with a few strawberries and a rasp vingerette.... 1/4 inch thick piece of cake with a scoop of ice cream...

Anyway dinner tonight....looking for something to do with boneless chicken breast which is not spicy....I have a full spice cabnet,onion, garlic,celery carrots...3 or 4 kinds of cheese...thinking to maybe pick up some ham and do a cordonblu....never made it before so recipies would be helpful...

Myerstown PA
Username hidden
(4985 posts)
I am going to do most of our daughters wedding myself. Having her and I plan it and make the decorations and favors is 1/2 of the fun.

Augusta NJ
Username hidden
(16055 posts)
LOL On that LW We have 2 different friends who went and borrowed for thier Daughters weddings one borrowed near 100 k , so they could have a grand shindig, and to help them buy a home to start out life on...... well neither marriage lasted more than 2 years, in fact the couple who spent the most used to joke he asked his daughter to at least stay married until he could pay back the money....

Middletown NY
Username hidden
(9782 posts)
Those figures are probably no where near the high mark of many middle class weddings. Not that I agree with that. But go ask sexaddicts, they would know best.

Saint Augustine FL
Username hidden
(12560 posts)
my brother had thier wedding in Long Island was over 35K when they were done. that was back in 1995. go figure

Middletown NY
Username hidden
(9782 posts)
27 thousand? Holy crap!

Baked chicken , garlic noodles and snow peas

Augusta NJ
Username hidden
(16055 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 ... More 
Start   10651 to 10660 of 13578   End
TOPIC: What's for Dinner