Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › What's for Dinner
TOPIC: What's_for_Dinner
« Prev  1 ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ... 1418  Next »
91 to 100 of 14172
User Details are only visible to members.
Had a 4 oz filet with grilled asparagus

Summerville SC
Username hidden
(241 posts)
i had scrambled eggs and a lil less than half the potatoes, one teeny triangle of buttered toast. mmmmm butter.

Manville NJ
Username hidden
(9005 posts)
bacon on top and mushroom gravy on it mashed pots and whole green beans

Rockport MA
Username hidden
(11242 posts)
OMG Tiggr One of my favorite with gravy and mash Pots I'm yours LOL with clams on the side please

Ronkonkoma NY
Username hidden
(4602 posts)
meat loaf

Rockport MA
Username hidden
(11242 posts)
Good: honey, Long Island duck is still the best ,we are down to one duck farm now ,the NYS EPA closed down a bunch ,Duck Farms down Duck shit screwing up the water in the Great South bay .That's so Shitty LOL

Ronkonkoma NY
Username hidden
(4602 posts)
I love duck- domestic duck tastes far different than wild duck.

But that's not what I came here to say...

Around here, domestic (frozen) duck sells for about $6 a pound- making it about $12-$18 per pound for the boneless meat.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(5363 posts)
Duck *is* treated as something special, but I don't know why. $2.99 a pound whoop de do. Mind you you only get about about 2 pounds of "presentable" meat off of a 6 pound duck - plus 1 pound of shreds and 3/4 pound of usable fat - so I guess you're paying around $8 a pound. Still cheaper than a good steak.

None of this is directed at you, BT. I find it bizarre how people complain about $20 for a 6.5 lb duck which can be the basis for a stellar dinner for 4, but think nothing about blowing $75 on a night out drinking, or spend $3.99 on a jumbo bag of Doritos and then tell me they can't afford a bag of $3.99 oranges for their kids.

I guess my point is - even REALLY good food isn't THAT expensive, when compared to some of the dumb shit we often blow our money on. So - life is short. Eat the nummy food.

And - I think this duck confit is going to find its way onto nachos. To hell with the conflict of status.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(23756 posts)
Va, only because I eat duck so rarely that I think of it as something very special...and I think of nachos as being...not very special.

Have at it and let me know how it comes out.

BT

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(10729 posts)
homemade chili and garlic ciabatta bread

Rockport MA
Username hidden
(11242 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ... 1418  Next »
91 to 100 of 14172
TOPIC: What's for Dinner
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.