Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Open Forum What's for Dinner
TOPIC: What's for Dinner
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... More 
Start   11 to 20 of 12934   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Uriah, the mushrooms grow wild in the woods near me, we get all kinds of wild mushrooms. I started collecting them with my kids when they where young to teach them science..how to look up the mushrooms and know which one was which.

Collecting them is fun and good exercise, the blacks grown on steep hills that require baseball cleats to get to them.

I also get white and orange chanterelle, king and queen boletes, Matsutake and the various edible anamitas mushrooms.

One of the benefits of living in a small towns is the fishing, diving and outdoors things to do.

The disadvantages is that we have to drive a hundred miles for a swing party and 60 miles for a good contra dance.

Ukiah CA
Username hidden
(389 posts)
@ncal, you grow black mushrooms?

Tonight's dinner was baked fish.

Memphis TN
Username hidden
(3867 posts)
Some kind of pasta with home made pasta sauce from the tomatoes in the garden, ground beef and wild black chanterelle mushrooms..bumper year for the blacks.

Ukiah CA
Username hidden
(389 posts)
lobster bisque fresh baked Italian rolls

Rockport MA
Username hidden
(7286 posts)
Va so many people dont cook anymore and never learn how. all they are used to is restaurant and supermarket prepared food.

When they taste fresh cooked from someone like you who knows how to cook they are blown away. They rarely taste fresh cooked and something that my be simple and straight forward to you looks so complex to them.

Enjoy yourself! Enjoy the praise!

Ukiah CA
Username hidden
(389 posts)
No misunderstanding at all.

I'm not a fan of the processed vegan foods BUT I usually keep a decent selection in the house if in case I have a craving for something and don't want to make it totally from scratch (like the mac and cheeze) and the hot dogs.

I'm also not a fan of doing the "vegan show off" thing I've seen others do and try to eat the strangest foods I can find. It doesn't usually inspire people to try vegan foods but it does make them think vegans are crazy.

Your stir fry sounds amazing. I love cooking (and eating) ethnic foods and using fresh ingredients. Most omnivorous that try my cooking are impressed and I always appreciate it whenever someone else takes the time to cook for me.

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(553 posts)
Steak, squash and baked potato. Hubbies favorites since he will be on the road again.

VA, sounds like your inlaws are like mine and just can't cook. They love when I'm there for the holidays, I do all the cooking for days on end for up to 18 people. We have a veggie in the group, I can cook for her and make her pretty darn happy. Vegan I would have to do more thinking then I usually do but I could work with it. Soy and I do not get along though. I like my thyroid to keep what function it has.

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(18179 posts)
Please don't misunderstand the meaning of this...

I eat vegetarian when I visit Mrs. VA's family. While I'm not excited about it, I do it out of necessity, although if we go out to eat I do eat meat. I try to avoid something totally offensive to them like rare rib roast. But anyway...

Some of the stuff they eat is just downright weird. There is some very good vegetarian food without going for all this bizarre stuff that they don't even seem to like. When they came to visit once I made a big vegetable stir fry with chili oil and peanuts. They raved about it like it was some crazy inventive stuff. I mean - really? I would think it's obvious, but to them it was not.

Oh well. I doubt I'll ever get the opportunity, Ms. Rabbit, but if I do, I'll make you one.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20985 posts)
Turkey bugers, was going to make a turkey meatloaf mixed with salsa but the mrs wants burgers.

Ukiah CA
Username hidden
(389 posts)
Different vegan hot dogs (and other "meats"") are made of different things. I have hot dogs in the house that are soy based and others that are wheat gluten based. I also have had ones that were grain/veggie based.

Some are better than others. The Field Roast brand is pretty phenomenal and that's what I used in my (cheeseless) mac and cheese (vegans don't eat dairy or eggs either). I thrive on a totally plant based diet.

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(553 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... More 
Start   11 to 20 of 12934   End
TOPIC: What's for Dinner