Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › What's for Dinner
TOPIC: What's_for_Dinner
« Prev  1 ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ... 1417  Next »
101 to 110 of 14167
User Details are only visible to members.
Have a restaurant we frequent that makes a great duck club sandwich. Kind of a duck confit meats blt. Doing chili for dinner here

Summerville SC
Username hidden
(240 posts)
So - I followed a new recipe for duck and totally didn't dig the result. The skin was delicious but the duck itself was bland and boring, almost like a cheap cooked-too-fast roast beef in flavor and consistency. However, I did recover the rendered duck fat, shredded as much meat as I could off the carcass, which I then boiled to render a little more fat and stock.

This morning in an attempt to salvage what I could from Daffy, I made a non-authentic confit by simmering the meat in the fat with a bit of salt for a few hours. The resultant confit-ish stuff is delicious, but I am looking for something interesting to do with it rather than just gobble it down.

Most people recommend using it to top a salad with a vinaigrette, but I don't especially like vinaigrette salads. I saw a great recipe to use it to make spring rolls, but it's pretty complicated and I'm too lazy today.

Any other suggestions? The leftover fat will find a home in potatoes, scrambled eggs and sauteed vegetables, for sure, but I am looking for something fabulous and not too difficult to do with it besides share it with the cat.

Fun fact: My cat loves duck confit. I probably should have predicted that.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(23745 posts)
Going out ,to our favorite Italian restaurant ,with friends , More then likely have baked Pasta dish MMM

Ronkonkoma NY
Username hidden
(4557 posts)
Mrs VA is away tonight :(

So - roast duck.

mmmmm

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(23745 posts)
good old turkey tacos

Pennsauken NJ
Username hidden
(134 posts)
good old turkey tacos

Pennsauken NJ
Username hidden
(134 posts)
BLM: you would think so honey

Ronkonkoma NY
Username hidden
(4557 posts)
You'd think a food topic would make people happy.

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(4378 posts)
BLM smart move its getting deep in here LOL

Ronkonkoma NY
Username hidden
(4557 posts)
Too much on the menu here for my tastes. I'll go with some left over Chinese food.

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(4378 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ... 1417  Next »
101 to 110 of 14167
TOPIC: What's for Dinner
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.