Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Open Forum What's for Breakfast
TOPIC: What's for Breakfast
GoTo Page: Less ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... More 
Start   352 to 361 of 944   End
User Details are only visible to members.
BLT, my last post was in reference to Melvin, not you. I care way too much about people on here, most of whom I'll never have a chance to meet. But I DO care.

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7570 posts)
gina~ yes i try to check labels and know some of the "healthy" ones arent. i like granola cereal, but it has alot of fat and sugar in it.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2145 posts)
yet, you are not eating healhy, pure, whole foods sometimes, and while I'm not busting your chops over it AT ALL (bc I'm still fighting the urge to just have chips for lunch), sometimes I wonder when you post your "what's for dinner" in the forums, if you don't know how to cook for yourself, don't want to, or are in that all-too-familiar phase of going for the convenience rather than truly eating good, and good-for-you food. It's not hard to sautee yourself a chicken breast in italian dressing (the easy quick way instead of doing the olive oil/vinegar/seasonings route which takes more steps), cook up a few vegetables, etc. I know people say they don't have time to cook, but if they try, they'll be surprised how creative they can be and not depend on too many packaged meals and convenience food. Sorry. And yes, I like to cook.

Anyway, I'm an italian mama at heart, and I'd like to hear that you are eating more, and also more good foods. Mange, Melvin. Occasionally grab some fruit and veggies that you like. You have to like them or you will not automatically think of chopping them, or grabbing them instead of a hot dog.

Again, I have to take my own advice for my health and also just not to feel bad, ill, fatigued, groggy, etc. Plus, there's always that diabetes thing too for me.

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7570 posts)
I was supposed to order the Body By V1 shake today but it didn't work into my budget at the moment. It's $99 for a month's supply. That would be two shakes per day. I eat five meals and want to replace two with a shake to get rid of this visceral fat in my lower ab. Instead of this protein, I think I am going back to Designer Whey which worked well for me in the past. I love Muscle Milk but it's way too dense for me. It's good in oatmeal -- which I don't eat anymore either. Sexus: I am going to buy the almond milk (unsweetened) today.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(3978 posts)
BLT, almond milk (unsweetened) can be a good choice. It's especially good in smoothies.

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7570 posts)
Cop n Kitten, check labels. A lot of times those "gross healthy looking ones" have more sugar content, carbs, and sodium than a lot of other brands. I watched a lady in the commissary grab a box out of her son's hand and say sternly, "No, we don't eat that, we eat the healthy cereals," and giving me a dirty look b/c I had a cereal in my cart that this boy would have enjoyed. I read the labels , serving size, calorie count, and all the ingredients, and my cereal was a lot more "healthy" than hers.

And it all boils down to portion size. I actually eat the recommended serving size of cereal, sometimes with almond milk, often just w/ 2 % AND I almost always add whole flaxseed. I don't pour a big bowlful, and I don't add half n half and a ton of sugar. I add no sugar.

My point is just that sometimes those items packaged as healthy are not so healthy.

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7570 posts)
When I did eat cereal, I liked Grape Nut Flakes with Parmalat or 1% milk. Now, I am on the road to drinking protein shakes again. Someone suggested I use almond milk. I have to check the carb content before trying it though. Cheerios is cool and filling...not the honey nut that everyone loves.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(3978 posts)
I usually buy granola in bulk from Whole Foods, but decided to give muesli a try. It tasted as good as it looks and since it was on sale, I have quite a bit of it. Even the dog turns his nose up at it.

I'm going to figure out a way to use it as breading for something. Maybe fried twinkies..

Sherborn MA
Username hidden
(8984 posts)
i usually have special k vanilla almond or raison bran. would like to try the healthier ones but they just look gross, and i would probably end up throwing them out.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2145 posts)
I haven't had cereal in forever either.. Could go for a bowl of Cocoa Pebbles right now though.

Toms River NJ
Username hidden
(1069 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... More 
Start   352 to 361 of 944   End
TOPIC: What's for Breakfast