What's for Breakfast : Swingers Discussion 20997410251
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumWhat's for Breakfast
TOPIC: What's for Breakfast
GoTo Page: Less ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... More 
Start   251 to 260 of 870   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Peg: Your suggestions are spot on! Normally, I only eat one "complex" carb per day and that's my 1/2 medium or 1 small sweet potato with my turkey bacon and eggs. My brain needs a certain amount of carbs to function -- actually everyone's brain does -- and if I forego that carb in the morning, I will craze all kinds of shit during the day thus why I have to stay away from pretzels. They are a trigger food for me and shoots my glucose through the roof sometimes. It's weird. There is a saying I read somewhere that you should have breakfast like a king and dinner like a pauper -- in other words, eat your heavy meal in the morning and go lighter as the day goes on. And water.....drink lots of water. I've given up rice, bread, pasta, even oatmeal so the sweet potato is the only complex carb I eat. On occasion, I will go to McDonald's for that Southwest Chicken wrap. I miss the bagels and bran muffins. I try to stay focused on the "fibrous" carbs. Believe it or not, some people don't know the difference between complex and fibrous. We are helping people here. You've helped me...thanks.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(3250 posts)
Going to pipe in here, because this has helped me so much with my weight: never start the day with carbs; start the day with protein and/or fat. I have eliminated cereal(it gets easier), toast(fuck), and bagels(sob) from my morning routine, and it makes a huge diference. The carbs in the morning get your blood sugar/ insulin into a frenzy, and you will be fighting to keep them in balance for the rest of the day. Cereal makes you hungry again in two hours. If you want a cerealy fix, have slow-cooked steel-cut oats with some nuts or nut butter and/or an egg. You can also soak the oats overnight or put them in a slow-cooker. I throw all kinds of stuff in the slow cooker with them, and they are marvelous.

I always eat a fairly big breakfast of mostly protein and fat, even if in a pinch it is a piece of chicken or fish from the night before. If I make a smoothy it is with low-glycemic fruit like berries and melon, or apple, hemp protein powder, nuts, veggies an avocado and unsweetened almond or coconut milk.

Experiment with the protein/fat v. cereal in the morning; you will be amazed at the difference it makes in your hunger.

I also agree with Gina that there are no bad foods only bad eating habits. I eat whatever I want, whenever I want, but I have taught myself to make better choices most of the time.

PS - all this advice goes out the fucking window whenever I visit NOLA - where I pretty much mainline beignets round the clock. There is no bad time for a kilo of powdered sugar.

Ocean City NJ
Username hidden
(5178 posts)
this morning we had cinnamon buns with cherries and sugar glaze. mmmm mmmmm. oh and chai.

Manville NJ
Username hidden
(1915 posts)
wish i was frying instead of freezing

Rockport MA
Username hidden
(6581 posts)
You can fry. I need a cabana!

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(3250 posts)
lets have breakfast on eleuthera and then go fry on the beach

Rockport MA
Username hidden
(6581 posts)
Tigg: I have done that on occasion.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(3250 posts)
so come on over and you can watch me eat lol

Rockport MA
Username hidden
(6581 posts)
Tigg: I am thinking that if I ate that (1) my blood sugar would go through the roof and (2) I couldn't fit into my skinny jeans.....LOL

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(3250 posts)
im thinking a pile of blueberry waffles with maple syrup

Rockport MA
Username hidden
(6581 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... More 
Start   251 to 260 of 870   End
TOPIC: What's for Breakfast