Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Walk Around The World
TOPIC: Walk_Around_The_World
Created by: JaiDawn
Original Starting post for this thread:
I wanted to let everyone know about an event/fundraiser that will be going on later this year. The fundraiser is to raise money for scholarships for a program for autistic children and their families. The program is called Son-Rise Program. I have been to one of their programs and they are absolutely wonderful.

The fundraiser is called Walk Around the World. Their site is walk around the world dot org. The money goes to scholarships that help parents be able to attend the different programs they have at Son-Rise. These people are doing amazing things with these children who are attending. I even dare to say they are curing autism.

Please check out their website and if you can help in any way, please do. Autism is one of the fast growing learning disability. We need to do all we can to help our children.

Carrie

1 to 10 of 10
User Details are only visible to members.
We're with Central (and you of course Carrie). When you get the specifics, please shoot us a message! Actually, this is a great organization! S

Cambridge VT
Username hidden
(6291 posts)
Carrie as soon as you firm things up, we'll take care of it!!!! We'll keep our eyes open!!

Center Valley PA
Username hidden
(9291 posts)
Thanks guys! I just registered to walk today myself so I don't have all the details yet. I am going to get in touch with them about helping to get a walk organized here in Corpus. As soon as I get some details, I will post them here.

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX
Username hidden
(18093 posts)
Carrie, if you're going to walk, we'll be happy to be one of your sponsors. Let us know and we'll make the donation online.

Center Valley PA
Username hidden
(9291 posts)
Carrie, we will check into it!!!

Center Valley PA
Username hidden
(9291 posts)
Yes, I have registered to walk.

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX
Username hidden
(18093 posts)
Just went and looked. I did register although the 2006 specifics aren't up yet. Will you be walking? Whether we can walk or not, we'd like to pledge to your walk. I'll call you. LW

Blairsville GA
Username hidden
(12566 posts)
Thanks alot, Perm. Not many people have heard of this program even though they have had a made for TV movie and numerous books about them. The people who started the program have a very inspirational story. They have a son who was severally autistic and now he is perfect normal (if there is such a thing). I had the pleasure of meeting him when I was there at Son-Rise. Their books can be found in the public library. At least they are here.

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX
Username hidden
(18093 posts)
Well i registered to walk. The walk is october 15th.

Hopefully there will be alot of support for this one. Children are the future 8-)

Thanks for the chance to help. I had never heard of such and organization. Even if it only helps one child its one less struggling which is a great start.

Bridgeport PA
Username hidden
(12773 posts)
I wanted to let everyone know about an event/fundraiser that will be going on later this year. The fundraiser is to raise money for scholarships for a program for autistic children and their families. The program is called Son-Rise Program. I have been to one of their programs and they are absolutely wonderful.

The fundraiser is called Walk Around the World. Their site is walk around the world dot org. The money goes to scholarships that help parents be able to attend the different programs they have at Son-Rise. These people are doing amazing things with these children who are attending. I even dare to say they are curing autism.

Please check out their website and if you can help in any way, please do. Autism is one of the fast growing learning disability. We need to do all we can to help our children.

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX
Username hidden
(18093 posts)
1 to 10 of 10
TOPIC: Walk Around The World
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.