W T F : Swingers Discussion 20834710901
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsW T F
TOPIC: W T F
GoTo Page: Less ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... More 
Start   901 to 910 of 1533   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Sorry, I don't see any reason to tip on a carry out order. Tipping is to reward service. Walking to the kitchen to pick up a bag doesn't qualify IMO.

Poland OH
Username hidden
(11885 posts)
I have left a quarter and a bent spoon for poor service.

Saint Louis MO
Username hidden
(12440 posts)
Bayou - I didn't know that we were expected to tip on take out and I think it's terrible that an establishment would force their employees to cover tips on a service where "95%" of people don't tip. I'll tip from now on because I don't want the employee to suffer.

However, I must admit that the expectation of a tip and the expanding list of services expecting a tip truly irritate me. Hair stylist. Shampoo girl. Manicurist. Dog groomer. Massage therapist. Housekeeping services. Getting charged a "delivery fee" for food order but that's separate from tip. Etc.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(4449 posts)
And for the record, I am a generous tipper. My usual is 20% and then rounded up to the nearest dollar. I will go much higher for very good service.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(18774 posts)
Not that I would do this, but.....

Imagine leaving 2 nickels on the table.

Then while the server is clearing the table, come back and take one away.

Of course, one could only justify such behavior in the face of not just abysmal but downright rude service. And yes, I think leaving no tip makes you look cheap. Leaving a tiny tip is making a point.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(18774 posts)
I once left a $.26 tip. A quarter with a penny on top. At Frankie & Johnny's in NYC! The waiter literally chased me out the door screaming at me. Worst service I've ever received without a doubt.

Poland OH
Username hidden
(11885 posts)
Once I left a .02 tip for deplorable service, on the credit card slip! with a big line drawn through the dollar position.

Now I can't remember the details, but I recall I was really appalled at the time.

Jacksonville FL
Username hidden
(2271 posts)
Canadians are notoriously cheap tippers. When my Dad comes to visit and treats for dinner out, he will never give more than about 8-10% no matter how good the service is. I always bring some cash and find a way to sneak a $5 or $10 bill onto the table on the way out while he's not looking.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(18774 posts)
Pandora works at a chain-restaurant bar. She gets 1.5% from all the restaurant wait staff based on drink sales ONLY, but she has to tip out the kitchen 3% based on her total food sales regardless of whether she got tipped on those meals or not, or if the kitchen screwed something up and the meal was bought for the customer. Granted that doesn't sound like much, but when you work near an airport, the travelers tend to be less inclined to tip since they won't ever be passing through again, or it's their last night here and they are trying to burn up the rest of their Canadian cash.

Some nights, especially when there's a convention in town and take out orders are the majority of her sales, her total tip-out to the kitchen ends up being a good chunk of what she made since 95% of people don't tip anything on to-go orders, and certain ethnic groups in Canada don't think they should have to tip at all regardless of whether they sat for 3 hours and demanded everything under the sun.

Personally, we tip between 18-25% for decent service (depending on the place), and on rare occasion upwards of 40% for something fantastic.

Long Beach CA
Username hidden
(1755 posts)
I'm generally a good tipper. Unless you piss me off anyway. I like when I get tips in return such as the hot waiters phone number on a napkin.

PG

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17526 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... More 
Start   901 to 910 of 1533   End
TOPIC: W T F