W T F : Swingers Discussion 20834710891
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsW T F
TOPIC: W T F
GoTo Page: Less ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... More 
Start   891 to 900 of 1543   End
User Details are only visible to members.
The man in my life is an excellent tipper and never complains when the food isn't correct. We had food delivered here last night and he tipped the driver $10 when I thought $5 was perfectly reasonable. We've been discussing this thread and I felt vindicated to learn he doesn't tip on "take out" either. Of course now that I've told him that the lively Pandora has to give up 3% on all her food orders, I bet he starts tipping for take out.

I just don't think employers should get by with paying lowing wages due to the potential of tips and I don't think tipping should be required (as it essentially has become). Essentially the business isn't paying their employees to provide excellent service but expecting the consumer to tip for it.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(4449 posts)
Va, that's because you weren't working a job that legally pays below minimum wage due to the potential of being tipped.

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(8029 posts)
I dunno. I've pumped gas and served burgers at Wendy's. Worked cigarette counters and was a floor guy at a Home Depot-type place once. I never, in any of those jobs, ever, received 1 thin cent of a tip.

A girl I tutored in chemistry, however, pretty much bought Christmas for our family for 3 years.

Land O Lakes FL
Username hidden
(19135 posts)
@Nic...If it's a hostess that's a different ball of wax. Or one of the "Curb-side" service places at Applebees or Chili's.

Again, I tip the way I do because I've worked in one of those completely thankless jobs. I know how much just getting $1 slipped to me on a to-go order meant when I had a really shitty day full of arrogant assholes who felt like my only purpose in life was to bring them another beer 30 seconds before they asked for it and then left me whatever change they had after the bill was paid.

I'm not saying it's right for everyone, but it works for me and it makes me feel good.

Long Beach CA
Username hidden
(1757 posts)
I'm inclined to agree with PB on this. Having stood on the other side of the bar, waited tables, and having been involved in various aspects of the service/hospitality field, I always tip 20% on good/decent service. If the service stinks, then, I may not tip at all, or may only tip 5-10% if there could be extenuating circumstances. I dont blame the server for crappy or cold food, or for having to wait because the kitchen is backed up. If I choose not to tip, I'll almost always tell the manager/owner why, as a courtesy. Often, in those situations, they aren't around. Go figure. If it were my business, I'd want to know.

I don't tip on take-out, but do on delivered food. Even if the restaurant includes a charge. At the bar, I leave a buck for a beer. Doesn't matter if its a 2 buck PBR or a Guinness. It's not about percentages.

I do because I can. If you've walked in their shoes, it might be easier to understand or rationalize. My 2 cents.

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(8029 posts)
I find it odd that taking an order, preparing food, or putting an order together is considered "stopping what you're doing". If you work at a restaurant, isn't that usually what you ARE you doing?

Land O Lakes FL
Username hidden
(19135 posts)
PG certainly knows how to work what she's got.

Land O Lakes FL
Username hidden
(19135 posts)
And the next time I go there the service is extraordinary. If I sit at the Bar and wait for it to be made? Have a beer. Ya I tip.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
lol I tip very well at the bar because I generally don't have to pay for drinks.

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17708 posts)
That's freakin' crazy Lucky. 15% on "here's your food"?

If they greet me with a smile, and a thank you and my food is hot and the order is correct yes. Think about it if I get a take out order say from Applebees...My price is what $12.00?...a 2.00 tip? You cheap fucker...LOL

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... More 
Start   891 to 900 of 1543   End
TOPIC: W T F