Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics W T F
TOPIC: W T F
GoTo Page: Less ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... More 
Start   891 to 900 of 1881   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I've heard that quote, but didn't know who it was attributed to.

Like I've said, the problem is not the politicians, but rather the electorate who choose them. The fact that people like Hank "Guam's gonna tip over and capsize" Johnson are re-elected over and over again in spite of acting like they're high on PCP most of the time speaks volumes about the people who vote.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20531 posts)
I know we have talked about this guy in here...

"The A&E network is set to debut a new reality show fueled by the personal life of former Louisiana Gov. Edwin Edwards (D), one of the more infamous political figures in Louisiana history. After all, how many other Louisiana pols -- or politicians anywhere else for that matter -- went to jail on 17 counts of conspiracy, money laundering, racketeering and mail and wire fraud? "

"But the lasting memory of Edwards in political history is largely one of the corruption scandal and indictment that eventually sent him behind bars. Edwards had always been rumored to be a somewhat corrupt politician and part of that is because Edwards was a target or one of the targets of numerous investigations. Once Edwards joked that he could only lose an election if he was found "in bed with a dead girl or a live boy."

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17437 posts)
Profoundly corrupt New York Rep and tax cheat Charlie Rangel made this statement with respect to food stamps:

“Anyone that's familiar with the Bible - or anything like that,” Rangel said on MSNBC, “Jesus said that you’re going straight to Hell if you don’t treat the lesser of his brothers and sisters. And what did he say? He said he was hungry! You didn't give him food stamps. He was thirsty, you didn't purify the water. He was naked and you didn't give him social security. And...and... God knows, he was sick and you didn't give him comfort!"

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20531 posts)
I saw that. Do we really want to be aligned with these people?

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20531 posts)
A number of Tunisian women have traveled to Syria to have sex with rebel fighters, a senior Tunisian politician said Thursday. The practice is known as "sexual jihad."

The women "are swapped between 20, 30, 100 rebels," Interior Minister Lotfi Bin Jeddo told an assembly of Tunisian lawmakers, according to Al Arabiya. "We are doing nothing and standing idle."

"After the sexual liaisons they have there in the name of 'jihad al-nikah,' they come home pregnant," he said, according to Agence France-Presse. (Jihad al-nikah is an Arabic phrase meaning "sexual holy war," AFP explains.)

Jeddo did not specify how many Tunisian women have traveled to the embattled Muslim country.

A fatwa, or an Islamic religious ruling, was reportedly issued last spring, calling for women to travel to Syria to provide intimacy to jihadi fighters there, Al Monitor reported at the time. Although some said reports of the fatwa were false, Tunisia's minister of religious affairs spoke out against the order, saying Tunisian women and girls were not required to obey it.

Why some women would obey such an order is less clear, but one expert suggests they may believe it's an act of devotion.

"Muslim women prostituting themselves in this case is being considered a legitimate jihad because such women are making sacrifices—their chastity, their dignity—in order to help apparently sexually-frustrated jihadis better focus on the war to empower Islam in Syria," writes author and Islam expert Raymond Ibrahim for The Investigative Project On Terrorism, a nonprofit research organization that studies jihad.

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(17250 posts)
How did it take me this long to notice that Obama has a new official portrait for his 2nd term?

Much better, I must say. I hated his 1st portrait - he looked glum and not connected to the photographer. Maybe it was meant to make him look focused or serious. I dunno. But the new one of him, big smile and arms folded in the Oval Office, is great.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20531 posts)
OK that's eyeroll worthy....

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20531 posts)
Yeah, xenophobic.

Y'know, regarding our Kenyan president...

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17437 posts)
Xenophobic? I'd think that was a typo but I can't think of any reasonably closely spelled word that you might have intended to type.

Some of these knotheads are obstructionists purely for the sake of politics and being obstructionist. I don't defend that at all.

But if my only choices are what I perceive to be driving off a cliff vs digging in and preventing any movement at all, then I choose to dig in.

My reason for posting that, actually, was more about Harry Reid attempting to draw some kind of convoluted connection between Republicans in the House and floods in Colorado.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20531 posts)
I am not necessarily talking about ACA, but with everything.

I could cite dozens of examples of Republicans changing their position on something simply because Obama came out for it.

It is stupid and xenophobic. Grow the fuck up and do your jobs.

You want to change the world? Put up someone other than Romney or McCain and you might have a chance.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17437 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... More 
Start   891 to 900 of 1881   End
TOPIC: W T F