Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics W T F
TOPIC: W T F
GoTo Page: Less ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... More 
Start   861 to 870 of 1911   End
User Details are only visible to members.
This week's wild weather across the south of the U.S. has raised a controversial question online: was it just a light snow, or a nefarious government conspiracy?

It was definitely just snow. But the last few days have seen scores of videos like this from skeptics who claim the snowflakes aren't the real deal.

The conspiracy reasoning goes like this: the snow is unusual in Georgia and other southeast areas and doesn't melt when burned. Therefore, it must be fake snow, distributed by the government, as a diversion from big government tyranny.

"You're being distracted from all fronts, you're preoccupied. They're up here signing bills, the government, to pretty much take away more of your rights and freedoms."

Um... yeah OK.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20974 posts)
"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter."- Churchill

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17673 posts)
I had to wonder if any of those who commented, in imaginative detail, a day before it happened, about the State of the Nation Address paid taxes last year. Waddiaguess?

Hockessin DE
Username hidden
(1225 posts)
That reminds me of something. Now I have to see if i can find can old thread.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(4220 posts)
Yeah. Probably because the word "suffrage" sounds a lot like "suffering", although they didn't deliberately warp the pronunciation to make it sound that way.

The "dihydrogen monoxide" hoax was a famous one, where they went out and got people to sign a petition banning water. A New Zealand member of parliament took up the cause. Neal Boortz once remarked that tests had indicated its presence in his building's plumbing. Listeners bombarded the city with complaints, and a local TV station was proud to be the first to break this "scandal".

The city of Aliso Viejo, California voted to ban it in 2004, but rescinded it when someone let them in on what this was really about.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20974 posts)
I saw that on Jimmy Kimmel. I thought..

1) These people vote. 2) These people probably post on political boards too.

It reminded me about a video of someone getting signatures on a petition to stop women's suffrage. Most people had no clue what suffrage meant and signed the petition.

Those people vote too.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(4220 posts)
This is hysterical. Jimmy Kimmel sent people out onto the street to ask them what they thought of the State of the Union address. The day before it happened. The fact that they couldn't possibly have heard/seen it didn't stop people from talking about it.

w ww.youtube.c om/watch?v=kWI58bgdVfw#t=47

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20974 posts)
What's shocking to me is that the guy's district is basically Staten Island, right next to New Jersey and Philly. Basically right in the middle of a liberal area.

Northern New York I would have expected...

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17676 posts)
"The urban areas are liberal and the rural are conservative."

I know that. It was an attempt at a joke, as if the real WTF was a Republican from NY. Although maybe you got it and it's me who's not picking up on that.....

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20974 posts)
Oh shit, except this guy is right in the middle of things...

Yeah, weird...

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17676 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... More 
Start   861 to 870 of 1911   End
TOPIC: W T F