W T F : Swingers Discussion 20834710841
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsW T F
TOPIC: W T F
GoTo Page: Less ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... More 
Start   841 to 850 of 1533   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Obama is rich, lets eat him!

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16378 posts)
hey i dont even like political talk, but i do get tired of obama being blamed for everything.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2021 posts)
Yummy!

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3199 posts)
I say, lets eat the rich!

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16378 posts)
WTF? In this day and age of limited research, disinterest in bipartisan politics, and a strong desire to drop the I told you so, of course a failing business is going to become political fodder.

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(7711 posts)
This discussion should probably be in politics...

Hardly anyone knows that the unions already took a 30% pay cut, and the company was demanding a further cut that would bring their wages down to about half of what they were making in 2005.

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17350 posts)
They weren't even A reason. It would be like saying that the Big Mac I bought for $2 is the reason I can't make my mortgage payment.

As for "poorly run" - poorly run also includes allowing salary and benefit packages to reach unsustainable levels.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(18832 posts)
i agree that the raises werent the only reason to cause the close. it was a poorly run company. and im sure with people eating heathier lately, twinkies were probably not a big selling item anymore. i prefer tastykakes myself lol.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2021 posts)
btw

I know nothing of the detailed financials of this company. It seems it's been badly run for a long time and was in need of major re-working. It seems that the costs imposed by Obamacare could not possibly have caused this going back several years, although they could aggravate it should the company have been continuing operations.

Also - the top four executives were paid $1 for 2012. Their salaries (with raises) were to be re-instated in 2013.

The new CEO was offered this "big raise" (i.e. promotion) in order to incentivize him to stay and try to run the flailing company. Yes, a new $1.95 million pay package, but they just got rid of the old CEO who they were paying $1.4 million a year to.

All in all - this is nothing but a ruse. There is absolutely no way the executive pay packages is what brought this company down. Period.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(18832 posts)
The company has $860 million in debt and has been losing ~$150 million a year for the last few years.

The total of the raises the executives got is approximately $4 million.

While certainly a shitty PR move, it is by far and away NOT a big contributor to the bankruptcy.

I wonder how many people reading this are aware that the CEO received a huge raise NOT because he just "got it" but because he was only promoted to CEO in the spring? Probably next to nobody.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(18832 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... More 
Start   841 to 850 of 1533   End
TOPIC: W T F