Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics W T F
TOPIC: W T F
GoTo Page: Less ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... More 
Start   831 to 840 of 1697   End
User Details are only visible to members.
You're so out of it, mt.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
I experience feelings of awe when I look up at the night sky and contemplate the vastness of the universe.

My teenage niece thinks Justin Bieber is awesome.

Amherst Canada
Username hidden
(2373 posts)
And I said poor people often have 2 or 3 subsistence-level jobs that leave them with very little discretionary time. It's not ridiculous at all to suppose if you make $500 per hour you could afford to work less than 60 hours. Who needs $20,000 a week to make ends meet?

Meanwhile, the poor person may actually have to pay someone else to mow their lawn, when they do not have any free daylight time, they can't take the day off to do it, weather is a constraint, etc.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
""Or one could argue that the more money you make, the less you have to work, so free time becomes even more available. ""

I said *that* was a ridiculous argument. Not a blanket statement on everything you have said.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20260 posts)
So, even though I understand your argument ... Even though I fully agree with what you've said... It's just "ridiculous" that I would have anything to add?

You don't really owe me or anyone else a fuller explanation. But you may get a clue in all this, as to why some people don't make sense to you.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
I use the word "ridiculous" when confronted with a ridiculous argument.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20260 posts)
VB, I am pretty sure I understood your point from the get go. I was just adding the alternate perspective, that poor people often face the same dilemma -- because it actually costs them _more_ out of pocket to make an extra trip.

You have been relying rather heavily on the word "ridiculous" when you don't want to consider another viewpoint. So it's hardly a stretch to refer to it as "ridicule".

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
I think he's missing the greater point.

This isn't about class warfare, or anyone being better about anyone else. It's economics on the individual level.

If I'm working 60 hours a week it is stupid for me to sacrifice 8 hours to house cleaning and forgo(sp?) the money I make during that time.

I remember what it's like to eat questionable leftovers out of the fridge so the wife and kids can have a good meal. And I *will* live that way again if the circumstances demand it. I subsisted on "boucan bologna" for nearly 5 years, because it was the cheapest deli meat available. I have no fucking idea what it was made of. I probably ate 500 pounds of it.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20260 posts)
maybe he doesn't understand what the gas mileage is on your vehicle..... ;-)

Burlingham NY
Username hidden
(9712 posts)
You can call it ridicule if you like. I call it your complete lack of understanding.

Everyone makes decisions about when to trade their money for their time, vs trading their time for their money. The poorer you are, the more you trade your time for your money. You mow your own lawn, paint your own house etc because it makes economical sense for you to do so.

At the other extreme, it is not a good way for someone who can make $500 an hour consulting to be mowing their lawn instead. This isn't laziness. This is a sensible use of their time. I mow my own lawn anyway because I enjoy the solitude, but it's not because I am trying to save money.

The more you can earn with your time, the more expensive your time is. Thus, the more you "save" by buying time from someone else.

If you really can't understand why we didn't go home for the coupon, then you won't understand anything I'm telling you.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20260 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... More 
Start   831 to 840 of 1697   End
TOPIC: W T F