W T F : Swingers Discussion 20834710821
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsW T F
TOPIC: W T F
GoTo Page: Less ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... More 
Start   821 to 830 of 1543   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Ahhhh that makes it OK then.

I'm not denying that such a thing has happened before, although Obama's began before he even took office. JFK had one too. You know, the whole Camelot thing. Although were there Ronald Reagan roads, schools, etc while he was President? If so, equally unacceptable. I wasn't aware that when bringing this up I needed to mention each instance that it has happened before.

I thought I was clear on this - it doesn't matter what President it is, it's not cool while they're in office.

Raleigh NC
Username hidden
(19096 posts)
Unmentioned is the cult that has grown up around Ronald Reagan. Started while he was still in office, and still active.

You know that there is an organization whose sole purpose is to get things named after Reagan?

Like the 11th hole at the Tierra Rejada golf course?

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17352 posts)
Akron texted me the other day, a picture of a sign that read Obama's BBQ Chicken. It was in MO, I forget the town name.

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16299 posts)
Germans were required to buy Mein Kampf. I figure we will be labeled as racist or un caring for poor children, if we do not buy the book. The Nazi's held several national charity drives to benefit the poor of Germany. Very little and sometimes none of the money ever went to the poor. It all went into the pockets of the Nazi leaders.

Tulare CA
Username hidden
(1880 posts)
A person can buy Obama books for cheap online. Nice scam B&N has~take a donation for full price on a book they probably bought for a buck each.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19237 posts)
How about they give away The Book: The Pursuit of Happyness instead?

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
I don't especially disagree with you, YLM.

Those who like Obama shouldn't like this sort of thing either. If it becomes the norm, it'll be Presidents you don't like on t-shirts, school wall murals, painted with a crown of thorns in front of the Presidential seal, or other crap like that. It is not good for this country.

As for the more practical side of things - do we not have ANYTHING better to give homeless kids than biographies of Obama?

Raleigh NC
Username hidden
(19096 posts)
"..celebrity status and hero worship a lot of people, including some in the media, and even some here, afford this particular President to be very distasteful..."

And, as you know, VA, taste has very little correlation to profit margin. As tbr alluded to, its just a business decision. I'm sure if they could promote an ant, and receive the same results, they'd do that to.

Emeryville CA
Username hidden
(12204 posts)
A cult of personality does not need to originate from the person at the center of it, and I'm not accusing Obama himself of having anything to do with it, supporting it, or approving it.

I disagree with Wikipedia's definition which suggests that a cult of personality must originate from the person(s) at the center of it. Personality cults can be built surrounding people who aren't even alive, such as Che Guevara, or even around a fictional person (such as Big Brother).

And I fully appreciate that a true cult of personality is far and beyond what we're talking about here. But I find the celebrity status and hero worship a lot of people, including some in the media, and even some here, afford this particular President to be very distasteful. He's the President and is certainly worthy of the respect of his office. But holy crap...... schools and roads?

Raleigh NC
Username hidden
(19096 posts)
But this is not Obama mandated. He has nothing to do with it.

So I suppose you have a right to be upset, but to call it a cult of personality is off base...

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17352 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... More 
Start   821 to 830 of 1543   End
TOPIC: W T F