Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics W T F
TOPIC: W T F
GoTo Page: Less ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... More 
Start   811 to 820 of 1881   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Vabeach:

More and more colleges are adding requirements to have the students create a resume as part of their requirement to graduate.

Part of this requires the student to have two professors to sign the resume, indicating that you have earned their respect.

Problem, if you have offended the college and the professors sign your resume, those professors have just gone against their employer. What employee, goes against their employer? Answer is, only employees who do not wish to maintain employment.

So you have a round about censorship by the school, which requires the students to live up to the schools expectations of ideals. I call this censorship.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7780 posts)
Smith Falls? What the hell did you go there for?

Quebec has ruined themselves. It is a truly blessed placed in terms of natural resources and such... it has no reason to be struggling. But it is. They successfully chased the money out of the province with their language laws. Americans generally don't believe me when I describe people being visited by the cops if their French isn't good enough, and once even when a pet store owner's parrot for sale only spoke English.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20531 posts)
I've been traveling to the Smith Falls area of Ontario for 39 years. Usually for one two weeks a year. The people who own the Inn where we stay have become quite close, and their children are my age and I consider them friends. The oldest is an HVAC tech. He's faced some tough times over the years, but was almost KILLED working a job in Quebec. French Fucking union communists.

They do have pretty good strip clubs though.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17464 posts)
Robert, your reading comprehension skills suck dirty moose schlong. This story was about a school smacking down an email written by a leader of a student organization.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20531 posts)
All I can say is that I am against censorship of any kind... Even if it is but ugly, straight up pro Nazi Germany garbage.

I'll protest the ad or content by not viewing the show in which the ad appears. informing the company who made it that I will not view any of their programming until the ad or content is removed.

This isn't censorship, this is voting with my viewing time. Like when SyFy canceled all of its good content, I protest by no longer viewing the channel. It no longer appeals to me.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7780 posts)
May I repeat....

""in Quebec" nuff said. :-)

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17464 posts)
McGill is an English-language university. The last major one left in Quebec.

McGill is a *great* school, one of the best in the country. Canada's Princeton, basically. As wiki says "Notable alumni include nine Nobel Laureates, 135 Rhodes Scholars, three astronauts, two Canadian prime ministers, twelve justices of the Canadian Supreme Court, four foreign leaders, twenty-eight foreign ambassadors, nine Academy Award winners, three Pulitzer Prize winners, and twenty-eight Olympic medalists. McGill is one of two member-universities of the Association of American Universities situated outside the United States.

The fact that it is such a respected school acting so stupidly makes this much worse.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20531 posts)
"in Quebec" nuff said. :-)

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17464 posts)
I really don't need any more reasons to generally dislike Canadians, especially French Canadians.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17464 posts)
This is fucking stupid.

-----------------

Jay Leno ran a bit on the Tonight Show which doctored footage of President Obama walking away from him podium so that he would be kicking in a door in frustration as he exited. Funny haha. A 3-second animated gif of the "incident" has been spread around in emails to signify stress, frustration, etc.

Unless you go to McGill University in Montreal, Quebec. There, it means you're racist.

Brian Farnan, Vice President for Internal Affairs at the McGill Students’ Society sent an email to the student body as mid-term exams approached, and jokingly said he understands the frustration, including the animated gif of the President's door-kicking.

The Student Society Equity Committee was appalled. They received a complaint and (after a secret deliberation) deemed the animated image a clear violation of their "oppressive conduct" policies.

"Oppression, as outlined in SSMU’s Equity Policy, means the exercise of power by a group of people over another group of people with specific consideration of cultural, historical and living legacies. The image in question was an extension of the cultural, historical and living legacy surrounding people of color—particularly young men—being portrayed as violent in contemporary culture and media. By using this particular image of President Obama, [the email sender] perpetuated this living legacy and subsequently allowed a medium of SSMU’s communication to become the site of a microaggression.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20531 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... More 
Start   811 to 820 of 1881   End
TOPIC: W T F