W T F : Swingers Discussion 20834710801
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsW T F
TOPIC: W T F
GoTo Page: Less ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... More 
Start   801 to 810 of 1543   End
User Details are only visible to members.
What would be really cool is if Obama were to leave office in discrace. Impeachment and or some scandle that renders his Presidency impotant. Then all of those schools and road would have the name changed. After all it seems that dems in the white house seem to have some sort of scandle that follows them. Either personal or official.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
I am not aware of a specific one, but naming things after Obama began in the weeks after he took office, so obviously SOME people have been pushing for it. I was surprised to find myself crossing Barack Obama Parkway in Orlando only about a year after he came into office.

I would object just as strongly if the election had gone the other way and I found myself crossing Mitt Romney Parkway next year too.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19092 posts)
What group is going crazy trying to name shit after Obama?

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
You're not pushing my buttons, LQQK. I don't care about what some blue icon spews about me on a forum, and I certainly don't take seriously his comments that I should be more concerned with softball and bowling than politics.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19092 posts)
re: the odd placement of "I simply think it's a bad habit to get into. "

A leftover from an edit of something I had previously said, but changed my mind. Sorry if that seems confusing.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19092 posts)
And, tbr,

While I am not specifically aware of the group you are talking about, I draw a large distinction between naming things after a former President vs a current one.

Again (I feel like I need to keep repeating myself here) - the specific former and specific current President are unimportant to me in drawing that distinction. If some group wants to go crazy trying to name shit after Obama once he's out of office, I have no objection. While he's in office? I have a big problem with that.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19092 posts)
NOW HEAR THIS

You can wear/make/sell all the Obama merchandise and art you want. I have NO desire to place any kind of legal limitations on it (although Obama himself might not like his image being used for commercial purposes, and might have a legal case against those who do). ZERO.

I haven't attacked the right of that artist to paint crucified Obama for even one moment. He can paint it, sell it, put a 200 foot tall poster of it on his front lawn. I would not make any attempt to stand in his way. I simply think it's a bad habit to get into.

You can put a giant Nazi flag on your front lawn if you want. While I consider it extremely distasteful, you have every right to be distasteful.

Jesus Christ.....

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19092 posts)
"Your question to me presumes that I wish to somehow dictate to them what book(s) Barnes and Noble may use for this purpose. I do not. They can give them Mein Kampf if they want to - and I'll be equally pissed off. "

Was that not clear enough for you Ghost?

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19092 posts)
"With all due respect*, that comment coming from the person who was until recently the angriest, most insulting person on all of the fora is relatively meaningless."

LOL: Me angry? I have not been angry since 2008. What you perceive as angry is actually the ability to push your and others on the Right's buttons. All I can say is when I was your age, I was spending my time drag racing, water skiing, bowling and playing softball among other things. I certainly would not even have given a second thought to what books were going to whom and what names where given to new buildings and streets. At my age I can afford to kick back and spend a little time posting here. IMO at your age you're wasting valuable time you can never get back.

Cape Coral FL
Username hidden
(4042 posts)
"Your question to me presumes that I wish to somehow dictate to them what book(s) Barnes and Noble may use for this purpose. I do not. They can give them Mein Kampf if they want to - and I'll be equally pissed off."

His expression of distaste does not mean that he would outlaw such behavior.

I think it distasteful, and idiotic, the obsession some people have with naming things after Ronald Reagan, but it is perfectly legal to do so...

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17352 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... More 
Start   801 to 810 of 1543   End
TOPIC: W T F