Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics W T F
TOPIC: W T F
GoTo Page: Less ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... More 
Start   791 to 800 of 1697   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"Holly, I'm very familiar with Pittsburgh. Some of our favorite peeps live there."

Aw, thanks!

;-)

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(4449 posts)
I hate cold.

I hate it.

Cold sucks. Summer forever. I want nothing else.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20259 posts)
Holly, I'm very familiar with Pittsburgh. Some of our favorite peeps live there. It's just not for us.

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(17091 posts)
Please, yYou can't buy a decent closet for $200K in the New York metro area...LOL!

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(3649 posts)
"Neither Pittsburgh nor Detroit are places that I'd like to see us live."

Growing up, I would have thought the same thing. However, you'd probably be surprised by all that Pittsburgh has to offer. Thanks to substantial endowments, Pittsburgh has a thriving Cultural District with the second highest ticket sales in the country. Only NYC has a busier theatre scene which is quite remarkable when you consider the size and population difference between the two cities. Additionally, within the city limits there are miles of river front trails for biking and hiking and numerous city parks that offer picnic areas, playgrounds, spray parks, movie nights, free concerts, etc. Plus, in less than 45 minutes, you can find snow-skiing, white water rafting, hunting opportunities, and more. Thanks to our three rivers, Allegheny county has the second most register boats in the country. Pittsburgh is also know for being a leader in environmental awareness and has the first LEED Gold Convention Center, the only LEED Gold Sports/Concert Arena, and the first LEED Platinum skyscraper is under construction. But while I can admire this type of construction choice, what I truly love is the architectural diversity within the city. From Richardsonian to Gothic to Victorian to Tudor to Craftsman, this city has amazing residential architecture. Since some of the first commercial tile and stained glass factories were located along the banks of our rivers, even modest homes were built with incredible skill and materials. Pittsburghers appreciate their architectural history and most homes are restored rather than gutted and redone. Several neighborhoods offer annual tours of their homes. In fact, the Allegheny West Victorian Christmas Tour is in the book 1000 Things to Do Before You Die.

Speaking of recognition, in 2005, 2009, and 2011, The Economist magazine named Pittsburgh the "Most Livable City" in America. In 2010, both Forbes Magazine and Yahoo named Pittsburgh the "Most Livable City" in America. In 2011 and 2012, The Economist magazine named Pittsburgh one of the "Most Livable Cities" in the World (only 2 US cities were in the top 50). The Huffington Post named Pittsburgh one of the "Prettiest Cities in the World." In fact, in 2012, the National Geographic Traveler named Pittsburgh among the 20 great places in the world to experience.

I do admit, its not all great. In 2011, GQ Magazine named Pittsburgh the third Worst Dressed City. Of course, no hard numbers were used, just a poll that cited Pittsburgh's love of wearing sports attire and team jerseys. I'm not a sports fan and don't own a single jersey but even I find it endearing to see almost everyone in the city decked out in Black & Gold during football season Fridays.

So, in my opinion, its pretty great that in Pittsburgh you can buy a nice house, in a good neighborhood, within 15 minutes of downtown, for less than $200K.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(4449 posts)
Robert's rant here against Big Raisin is almost beyond belief. I'm beginning to think this is Akron masquerading as Robert.

The Sun Maid is a shadow secretary of agriculture. Mwuhahaha.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20259 posts)
Make more wine, you have less raisins ...problem solved.

Cheers!

Mrs Sav

Anniston AL
Username hidden
(5501 posts)
I'm trying to prune back the punishment going on here.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
It might if you hang it out to dry.

You are required to surrender your shriveled raisins to the government.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20259 posts)
You're basing that only on what you've heard about me through the grapevine.

Make it stop.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... More 
Start   791 to 800 of 1697   End
TOPIC: W T F