W T F : Swingers Discussion 20834710791
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsW T F
TOPIC: W T F
GoTo Page: Less ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... More 
Start   791 to 800 of 1650   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I think he's missing the greater point.

This isn't about class warfare, or anyone being better about anyone else. It's economics on the individual level.

If I'm working 60 hours a week it is stupid for me to sacrifice 8 hours to house cleaning and forgo(sp?) the money I make during that time.

I remember what it's like to eat questionable leftovers out of the fridge so the wife and kids can have a good meal. And I *will* live that way again if the circumstances demand it. I subsisted on "boucan bologna" for nearly 5 years, because it was the cheapest deli meat available. I have no fucking idea what it was made of. I probably ate 500 pounds of it.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19563 posts)
maybe he doesn't understand what the gas mileage is on your vehicle..... ;-)

Burlingham NY
Username hidden
(9686 posts)
You can call it ridicule if you like. I call it your complete lack of understanding.

Everyone makes decisions about when to trade their money for their time, vs trading their time for their money. The poorer you are, the more you trade your time for your money. You mow your own lawn, paint your own house etc because it makes economical sense for you to do so.

At the other extreme, it is not a good way for someone who can make $500 an hour consulting to be mowing their lawn instead. This isn't laziness. This is a sensible use of their time. I mow my own lawn anyway because I enjoy the solitude, but it's not because I am trying to save money.

The more you can earn with your time, the more expensive your time is. Thus, the more you "save" by buying time from someone else.

If you really can't understand why we didn't go home for the coupon, then you won't understand anything I'm telling you.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19563 posts)
Ridicule is the last resort of the person losing the argument. Why does someone who makes more money clearly have less time to spend?

There are more poor people with less free time. Sometimes they have to wait for a bus to get somewhere.

Well heeled people not only get to choose how they spend their time, they apparently feel it's their burden to do so.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
"Or one could argue that the more money you make, the less you have to work, so free time becomes even more available. "

You could argue it, and I'm sure instances like that exist, but for the most part, it's a ridiculous argument.

I'm not here all day because I have nothing else to do, you know. If I'm on here, it's usually because I'm working.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19563 posts)
"The more money you make, the more expensive your time becomes, and wasting time becomes worse than wasting money. "

Or one could argue that the more money you make, the less you have to work, so free time becomes even more available. Lots of poor people work 2 or 3 subsistence jobs and come to the same conclusion regarding shopping and travel time.

I got a state of the art bike rack for $50 off Craigslist. Maybe an hour of haggling and travel time.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Amen, Va..... Or the heart attack, over the few pennies may have saved.

Burlingham NY
Username hidden
(9686 posts)
My point was that sometimes being stingy COSTS you money, especially if it cuts into time where you could otherwise be earning money. It reaches a point where it's working against you. It would have been a "waste" for us to drive home to get the coupon.

We have a cleaning service clean our house every Friday. It costs us $115. They get a job done that would take Mrs VA or I an entire day, costing us far more than $115 in lost wages.

So, I get a clean house, work for my money, and someone else has a job for it. If I did it myself, my cleaning ladies wouldn't have their jobs, the government wouldn't get my tax revenue (from those hours), and I'd have less money.

It's a win all around.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19563 posts)
Sweet- That sounds like my mother-in-law. My in-laws live comfortably but wont spend a penny more than they have to for anything , even comfort. They aren't bad people, they provided well for thier kids and grand kids, but they live the way they live. They wont pay to have thier driveway plowed and feel at (both ) 80+ they can do just fine. So every year for Christmas , My wife and her siblings make sure that certain things are taken care of, Like the neighbor who nicely plows thier driveway whenever it is needed out of the kindness of his heart.... My MIL, raised through the depression on a farm, still thinks it is 1938 , and that they need save every penny they have earned or continue to earn off of 4 pensions between the 2 of them plus SSI.

Burlingham NY
Username hidden
(9686 posts)
You are not going to get through to him VA. It's a foreign concept to people like him.

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16539 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... More 
Start   791 to 800 of 1650   End
TOPIC: W T F