W T F : Swingers Discussion 20834710771
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsW T F
TOPIC: W T F
GoTo Page: Less ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... More 
Start   771 to 780 of 1323   End
User Details are only visible to members.
My guess is they were attempting to get the ship away from the storm so it didn't get bashed against the shore and made a very bad miscalculation.

Saint Augustine FL

Username hidden
(12558 posts)
Update: Rescue is underway and the ship - as well as 2 or 3 crew members - has been lost.

This is the ship that these geniuses decided to take out into a hurricane:

en.wikipedia.or g/wiki/Bounty_%281960_ship%29

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17598 posts)
VA, I think I heard on the news regarding this rescue that the Coast Guard may not be able to get to them until tomorrow. What the hell were they thinking? Chances are they're hoping to sell the story.

Sheboygan Falls WI

Username hidden
(8620 posts)
We've known this was coming for a week. What kind of idiots take a large sailboat out into the ocean during a fucking hurricane? Suicide? Trying to lose the ship for insurance??

-----

The crew of a tall ship in distress off the coast of North Carolina abandoned the vessel and 17 people in cold water suits were floating off the coast in lifeboats, awaiting rescue from the Coast Guard, the service said this shortly before 7 a.m.

The crew abandoned ship this morning about 90 miles southeast of Cape Hatteras and the Coast Guard was monitoring conditions to determine when a rescue would be possible, according to the service.

The ship was southeast of Hatteras when Coast Guard Sector North Carolina received a call from the owner of the 180-foot HMS Bounty, who said she had lost communication with the crew late Sunday, according to a Coast Guard news release.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17598 posts)
"June & Ward Cleaver were swingers? Whoda thunk it? "

Ward, I think you were a little hard on The Beaver last night.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17598 posts)
LWC - you rang? LOL

Sheboygan Falls WI

Username hidden
(8620 posts)
June & Ward Cleaver were swingers? Whoda thunk it?

Poland OH

Username hidden
(11885 posts)
I love Gina. In all my years in the USA, I have never met a nicer, kinder, eloquent, gentle soul than Gina. It's such a shame that she lives half a country away from us.

Gina, I am proud to call you a friend, I very much look forward to the day when you and your handsome spouse can make it to our neck of the woods.

Colts Neck NJ

Username hidden
(16526 posts)
As far as meeting people strictly for hook ups, through an email or two on SLS, I would say my feelings run along the line of Sed's. Go figure. I just have no real time or inclination to meet a bunch of people like that, to try to come up with a specific time and place and work out the logistics and the setting, the boundaries and preferences, the intentions and the interest.

That said, I had been chatting with a great single guy for months. He's witty, fun, down to earth, a true gentleman cowboy and there is a palpable attraction. Also patient. We tried a couple times to set up a meet, eh, we weren't going to lose sleep over it, and if we could meet at a public place that we were going to anyway, fine. Keeping it simple. We did meet, and got along well. Will we have sex? I don't know, but I hope so. If it happens, it will happen more spontaneously than anything "planned out." We've seen him at other venues, and plan to continue along as time and events happen to come our way.

Now. Parties! A lot of fun and surprising things have happened at parties lately! House parties. And yes, that's exactly where we end up meeting the greatest, sexiest, spontaneous, fun people. Someone, the host, has "put those people together" for a party. But the couplings and groupings to happen naturally are what intrigues and interests us, and they've been a blast. From our own parties in VA, to the ones the SA's have had, we've really had a good time. And if it doesn't happen? Sometimes no one really plays sexually. Texas is very laid back in the swing world sometimes (hey it's HOT out in the summer!). It's okay too. We have each other to wear out when we get home.

As they say in the redneck world, "it's all good."

We didn't make the NOLA trip. Life happened, people died, we had to go to a lot of funerals that year. Okay. A bit disappointed, but life happens. I'd like to go to Vegas next spring again. If any of you forum people happen to plan a trip there and we are there at the same time, YAY! We could meet. or not.

But VA? I KNOW we will be coming to VA again. Mr has trips there yearly. So, if it happens that we're there and you lovely people can come out on a night that we can, we'd love to see you again. If not, we don't worry about it.

THAT's the attitude we've had. And will continue to have. You shouldn't have to work TOO hard to meet potential sex partners or even friends.

Gina

San Antonio TX

Username hidden
(7119 posts)
VA and others, I'm going to chime in here too.

When we visited SA with thoughts of moving here, we met a couple from the forums. They lived near, and were coming to SA anyway, so okay. My first "friends" in SA. Woo hoo. Said friend now has me blocked on here after talking for years, meeting, partying (there was never a question of them playing, they really don't play no matter the talking about it, not with us, not with others), being actual friends in the friends sense of the word and spending time together. The block came about after being "uninvited" to a party they invited themselves to, where another forum poster was traveling quite a ways to attend, and with whom the first couple didn't get along. Okay. Drama. I avoid it like liberal media.

So. After that misunderstanding and all it entailed, my first friend in SA became my former friend. Blocked me, cussed me out in long and numerous emails, etc. WTF indeed. Simply because (and here is my point, finally), I liked the traveling friends VERY MUCH and they were so much better in person than I even imagined. Actually, they were almost exactly like they portrayed themselves all the years we were "forum buddies." They were intelligent, beautiful people with whom we conversed and laughed quite openly and naturally. My husband is an EXCELLENT judge of people from first meetings, and he liked them right away.

Will we go visit them? Who knows. The area they live in is marvelous for tourists, so if we plan a trip near them at some point, we will certainly want to see them again and have dinner, drinks, conversation and laughs. We wouldn't stay with them, we aren't sexually compatible, but we've become friends who share ideas, have a lot in common intellectually, etc.

Now. Those are both "sex free" couples. They just happened to become friends through all these forum dealings. We weren't intending to "hook up." Just, after years being on here with some of the same people, there was actually a natural evolution where it happened to happen that we met.

If we are visiting a certain area and there are swing people from the forums who live nearby, we may MAY try to work out a meet at some point, but it doesn't always work and if it doesn't happen easily and without a lot of planning, then we don't worry about it. That happened recently on a trip to WI. Just didn't work out to meet, and neither of us couples felt it "necessary" to try harder and get frustrated trying to meet. We weren't there to meet them, but if we could or did, it would've been interesting and fun.

So, one "good" experience, and one that ended up, ultimately, not so good.

I have more to say on this subject, but I'll keep it for another post. Gina

San Antonio TX

Username hidden
(7119 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... More 
Start   771 to 780 of 1323   End
TOPIC: W T F