W T F : Swingers Discussion 20834710761
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsW T F
TOPIC: W T F
GoTo Page: Less ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... More 
Start   761 to 770 of 1613   End
User Details are only visible to members.
My point was that sometimes being stingy COSTS you money, especially if it cuts into time where you could otherwise be earning money. It reaches a point where it's working against you. It would have been a "waste" for us to drive home to get the coupon.

We have a cleaning service clean our house every Friday. It costs us $115. They get a job done that would take Mrs VA or I an entire day, costing us far more than $115 in lost wages.

So, I get a clean house, work for my money, and someone else has a job for it. If I did it myself, my cleaning ladies wouldn't have their jobs, the government wouldn't get my tax revenue (from those hours), and I'd have less money.

It's a win all around.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19438 posts)
Sweet- That sounds like my mother-in-law. My in-laws live comfortably but wont spend a penny more than they have to for anything , even comfort. They aren't bad people, they provided well for thier kids and grand kids, but they live the way they live. They wont pay to have thier driveway plowed and feel at (both ) 80+ they can do just fine. So every year for Christmas , My wife and her siblings make sure that certain things are taken care of, Like the neighbor who nicely plows thier driveway whenever it is needed out of the kindness of his heart.... My MIL, raised through the depression on a farm, still thinks it is 1938 , and that they need save every penny they have earned or continue to earn off of 4 pensions between the 2 of them plus SSI.

Burlingham NY
Username hidden
(9685 posts)
You are not going to get through to him VA. It's a foreign concept to people like him.

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16460 posts)
I intended to reply to something Robert wrote a few days ago but neglected to.

You wrote about the "rich" "wasting money". I want to explain something to you which I hope you will understand.

Mrs. VA and I went shopping for a bike rack for our car on Saturday. We found one that cost $400 that we liked. We go to check out....

"Are you a (whatever) member?"

"Um yeah I think so"

"Did you get our coupon in the mail?"

Then we remembered - yes! We kept it actually, because it was 10% any bike accessories up to $50 off, and we knew we were planning to go shopping for this. But - dammit - it's at home - and expires tomorrow.

The ride home would have been 45 minutes each way. Would you have made the ride home to save $40?

Bearing in mind that we tend to work 7 days a week, our time off is rather precious. To save $40 we'd also be burning about $7 in gas, so that leaves $33 to be realized - *and* 180 minutes of our combined time. We make WAY more than $33 in 180 minutes. It is not worth it. Fuck the $40.

The more money you make, the more expensive your time becomes, and wasting time becomes worse than wasting money.

My Dad hates grocery shopping with me (when he's visiting) for this reason. I buy what I want, when I want it. He'll pull things out and tell me I can save $7 by going to the WalMart instead. I'm like "Dad, I'm not making a 1-hour shopping trip to WalMart to save $7." He's retired - he's got all day.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19438 posts)
Just like taxes their is a simple solution to people who want to pay more. Just fucking pay more!

If you think there are too many people on this planet fucking it up, there is a simple solution to make a change on a personal level. I used to tell greenies in the Keys that cried there were too many people in the Keys, "Leave, it will be one less when you go".

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19320 posts)
AT BEST, we are speeding up the process slightly. At worst, it's cataclysmic and irreversible.

There's basically zero chance that all the changes humans have made would do anything but warm the planet enough to melt the ice caps, raise the sea level, and change the weather patterns dramatically.

Other events known to do this are large volcanic eruptions and meteor strikes. They do occur every 60 million years or so. This "event" is entirely coincident with the Industrial Revolution and the couple hundred years since.

The planet will keep spinning, of course. Mars spins, Neptune spins. Can't live there, though.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
I believe that was going to happen anyway. Like I said, climate change has going on long before we got here and will continue to happen long after we're gone. At worst, we are speeding up the process.....slightly.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3199 posts)
The arctic ice is melting rapidly. Record amount of open sea this summer, again.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
"cplo, what part of global warming do you consider to be "hype"?"

The part that says that we're the cause for rising temps. Over the last several billion years there have been some pretty dramatic temperature swings in the earth's climate. To think that the climate would remain stable simply to accomodate our existence is laughable.

There's also plenty of data out there that shows that earth-wide temps have not increased over the last 16 years (1997-2012). From 1980 - 1996 there was a slight increase in temperatures which followed a 40 year period of stable or declining temps. But that's just a very small snapshot, which I'll get to in a moment.

So like I said, I'm completely in favor of the green movement. There's absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to keep the planet clean. And I won't completely discount the notion that our waste and energy consumption could have a negative impact on the environment. But I'm not going to be convinced that Aquanet usage started some sort of world-wide temperature increase because our sample size is really too small. We've got maybe 150 years of recorded temperatures and weather patterns since the industrial revolution. 150 out of something like 4 billion years. That's like having a split second spike in your body temperature and making the determination that you are terminally ill. And during those 4 billion years there have been ice ages and thawing. There have been massive earthquakes that have shifted the continents into their current pattern. The climate has swung so dramatically back and forth throughout history that it's just ludicrous to think it won't happen again. And it's even more ridiculous to think that we can do anything to prevent it from happening again.

"This is OUR back yard."

No, it's not. We are guests on this planet. Lousy ones at that. The notion that we think that we own this place shows just how ignorant we are and is a desperate attempt at proving our superiority and relevance when, in fact, our existence is virtually meaningless. World's gonna keep on spinning with or without us. So just kick back and enjoy the ride. Never know when it's going to end.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3199 posts)
Outdoor:

Regardless of the cause. To fix the planet is to try and be an ant fixing a super carrier.

When you talk about fixing a planets Ecosystem, you speak about terraforming the planet. We have far too many mouths to feed, far too few rescources availbe and are far too childish for an undertaking of such a magnetude as this.

Our civilianions aren't ready to drop the security blankets of coal and oil. Too few understand how nuclear power works. (realistically that is what we need to power our cities after coal/oil.) this is why before we can truely tackle climate change, we must become enlightened... Educated so we are armed enough to let go of our fears.

Like our for fathers who became enlightened and were able to shed their fears of religious dogma of the dark ages, we too must become enlightened as they had become.

Greed is nothing new, it is with us the same as the need to eat. But an enlightened mind can shed the places fear resides in and thus reduce greed's power over us all.

We member that greed is always born of fear, fear of death, fear of hunger, fear of being unaccepted, fear of the dark, fear of letting go, fear of eachother.

She'd one fear, the rest begin to lose their grip on your mind and are easier to shake loose.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7447 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... More 
Start   761 to 770 of 1613   End
TOPIC: W T F