W T F : Swingers Discussion 20834710751
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsW T F
TOPIC: W T F
GoTo Page: Less ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... More 
Start   751 to 760 of 1650   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I'm trying to prune back the punishment going on here.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
It might if you hang it out to dry.

You are required to surrender your shriveled raisins to the government.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19563 posts)
You're basing that only on what you've heard about me through the grapevine.

Make it stop.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
I think you're too reserved for that.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19563 posts)
If I were that farmer I'd be raisin' hell too.

Ugh.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
Your reply is a "WTF" on its own.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19563 posts)
VA:

While I am not too keen on all of these types of laws to limit the sale of foods, much less pay farmers to not grow crops... There are some legit reasoning for it.

Do we really want this nations farming to be done by big companies and corporations that do not care about the quality of the food?

These types of programs were invented to help keep small farmers (more than the individual) afloat with a product that is worth and able to keep the farmer's farm from falling too deeply into debt.

I know form your point of view, it is only a matter of big government dictating orders to someone... But explain how will you keep uncaring corporations out of the farming business and thus our food safe to eat?

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7484 posts)
I swear I am not making this up... we really do have a "National Raisin Reserve".

Marvin Horne, 68 and a raisin farmer, has been breaking the law for 11 solid years. He now owes the U.S. government at least $650,000 in unpaid fines. And 1.2 million pounds of unpaid raisins, roughly equal to his entire harvest for four years.

His crime? He said no to the national raisin reserve.

The national raisin reserve is a real thing — a 64-year-old program that gives the U.S. government a heavy-handed power to interfere with the supply and demand for dried grapes.

It works like this: In a given year, the government may decide that farmers are growing more raisins than Americans will want to eat. That would cause supply to outstrip demand. Raisin prices would drop. And raisin farmers might go out of business.

To prevent that, the government does something drastic. It takes away a percentage of every farmer’s raisins. Often, without paying for them.

These seized raisins are put into a government-controlled “reserve” and kept off U.S. markets. In theory, that lowers the available supply of raisins and thereby increases the price for farmers’ raisin crops. Or, at least, the part of their crops that the government didn’t just take.

For years, Horne handed over his raisins to the reserve. Then, in 2002, he refused. Since then, his life has now become a case study in one of Washington’s bad habits — a tendency never to reexamine old laws once they’re on the books. Even ones like this.

When Horne’s case reached the Supreme Court this spring, Justice Elena Kagan wondered whether it might be “just the world’s most outdated law.”

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19563 posts)
"Neither Pittsburgh nor Detroit are places that I'd like to see us live."

[Like]

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3202 posts)
Forget San Diego. I'd love to retire in Carmel, right on a cliff overlooking the Pacific. Maybe 1500SF which would be about 2500sf less than now. But now we have 2 kids and 3 dogs. By the time that we'll be ready for Carmel, 1500sf home should be plenty!

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16539 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... More 
Start   751 to 760 of 1650   End
TOPIC: W T F