Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics W T F
TOPIC: W T F
GoTo Page: Less ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... More 
Start   741 to 750 of 1880   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I'm not really addressing taxation rates, more like the concept of writing them into the constitution. I can only guess the reasoning is to cement it in place so solidly that no election outcome will ever be able to change it.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20532 posts)
They recently put "water run off tax" in place here. Basically its a tax on how much impermeable surface you have. So if you happen to own a business with something crazy like a parking lot you get significant tax added to all the other goose-killing taxes. (ie they kill the goose that lays the golden eggs).

Not counting accounting fees and sales taxes I'm taxed at about 57%. I'm also not counting property taxes on my personal property, I really just don't want to know.

Lexington KY
Username hidden
(2816 posts)
I've never heard of such a thing.

Illinois House Speaker Michael Madigan (D-Chicago) proposed a constitutional amendment Thursday. Under the proposal, a 3 percent tax would be incurred on all income over $1 million.

As for concern that high earners might leave the state, "“Well, if they’re in Illinois today, they’re probably so much in love with Illinois that they’re not going to leave,” Madigan said. "

What's that mean? We've done everything we can to chase them out but some of them are still here in spite of the shitty weather?

Putting a tax increase to the ballot is not what I am surprised about. It is writing tax rates directly into the state constitution. I'm guessing this is to cement it in so solidly that only a supermajority and overwhelming public support can undo it.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20532 posts)
Good:

Sadly.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7780 posts)
The language may get deleted, but you can bet that the practice will still be, well, practiced.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3978 posts)
*In fairness*

Just in the last few minutes, the story has been updated:

A spokeswoman from Ferndale Public Schools, who responded after the story's original posting, said the district does not discriminate when hiring.

"The district appreciates your bringing this antiquated language to our attention. The timing is perfect since Ferndale Public Schools just completed bargaining and, with the advice of our legal counsel and approval from the district EA (union) representative, this language will be deleted from new contracts," said Shelley Yorke Rose, a spokeswoman for the district. "Unfortunately, there are no employees in the district who have been here long enough to explain the origins of the language, which we estimate to have been inserted between 1976-79."

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20532 posts)
You can look at the contract yourself. The quoted segment is Section 10.3 on page 22.

w ww.ferndaleschools.or g/administration/links/transparency/FEA_contract_%2009-12.pdf

The contract is for 2011-2012, but it has since been renewed through 2017 so it is currently in-force.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20532 posts)
" and those of the non-Christian faith. "

Really? Is this true?

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17464 posts)
Vabeach:

On the issue of hiring quotas, you and I actually agree in total. While I prefer to be surrounded by females (in most cases) I do not believe that any job ought be allowed to have a quota of workers.

Forced diversity doesn't help and the education system has always been more than a 50/50 mix of male to female.

As for religions? That quota is simply beyond stupidity. I actually do hope that a christian group sues the school district over it.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7780 posts)
Apparently, suburban Detroit's public schools have so many good teachers that they can afford to give hiring preference to certain minorities (which, collectively, are a majority, since women are 1/2 the population). Basically everyone but me.

Their union contract states, with respect to filling vacancies "Special consideration shall be given to women and/or minority defined as: Native American, Asian American, Latino, African American and those of the non-Christian faith. "

Well, I'm an atheist - am I covered under non-Christian faith?

I might add that we usually see these sorts of things in places I don't want to live anyway.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20532 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... More 
Start   741 to 750 of 1880   End
TOPIC: W T F