W T F : Swingers Discussion 20834710721
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsW T F
TOPIC: W T F
GoTo Page: Less ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... More 
Start   721 to 730 of 1604   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Whatever he meant just interpret it to be an insult to Texas and leave it at that.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19434 posts)
$200k for 1500 sf? In Texas?

Not likely.....smells like BS to me.

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3579 posts)
"You do not want to allow the defining lines between law enforcement (to include swat) and the military to be so mixed."

I'm speaking about how the SCOTUS would interpret the constitution Robert. You and I don't get to make things "as we wish".

"The ban on the military quartering in homes and the police using a home for a temporary situation are totally different cases. "

The 3rd amendment is neither of these things.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19434 posts)
Va:

"I'm pretty sure that any agent of the government would be considered a "soldier" in this context."

You do not want to allow the defining lines between law enforcement (to include swat) and the military to be so mixed.

The ban on the military quartering in homes and the police using a home for a temporary situation are totally different cases.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7434 posts)
I'm pretty sure that any agent of the government would be considered a "soldier" in this context.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19434 posts)
va:

to the 3rd amendment issue.

I feel the police abused powers they thought they had, but they aren't the military and to pull the 3rd amendment in this way should be a immediate failure for the home owner.

That said, I hope the home owner sues and win in another filing of the suit or changes the charges they are suing for and receives a six to seven digit apology.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7434 posts)
I think it's simply an extra 0. i.e. 2,500/1,000, not 25,000/10,000

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19434 posts)
Oh wow, here's the REAL WTF:

"Our house? It's probably $200K LESS than we were approved for, and could've paid for. But we LOVE our house. It suits us well, and we plan to live here a very long time. It's a beautiful one story we can grow old in, and have paid off. It's 25,000 sq ft., 10,000 less than most of our friends in our income bracket."

IF these numbers are real, you just blew your entire argument... poor little rich girl.

Either that or you are mathematically challenged....

"Vanna, can I buy a clue?"

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3579 posts)
A man is suing the Henderson (Nevada) police for commandeering his home against his wishes so they could use it for surveillance of his neighbors.

A rare claim of a 3rd Amendment violation has been filed. The Third Amendment prohibits quartering soldiers in citizens' homes in times of peace without the consent of the owner.

C&P'd.

"On the morning of July 10th, 2011, officers from the Henderson Police Department responded to a domestic violence call at a neighbor's residence," the Mitchells say in the complaint. It continues: "At 10:45 a.m. defendant Officer Christopher Worley (HPD) contacted plaintiff Anthony Mitchell via his telephone. Worley told plaintiff that police needed to occupy his home in order to gain a 'tactical advantage' against the occupant of the neighboring house. Anthony Mitchell told the officer that he did not want to become involved and that he did not want police to enter his residence. Although Worley continued to insist that plaintiff should leave his residence, plaintiff clearly explained that he did not intend to leave his home or to allow police to occupy his home. Worley then ended the phone call. Mitchell claims that defendant officers, including Cawthorn and Worley and Sgt. Michael Waller then "conspired among themselves to force Anthony Mitchell out of his residence and to occupy his home for their own use."

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19434 posts)
The billionaires in our area are mostly older. They have worked hard, succeeded and then failed, sold their businesses, started over, then worked hard again. You see the famous 80 yr old car dealer in our area? He gives a lot to a lot of programs, without fanfare. Does he just go into the office for a few hours a week? Yeah, probably, he's EIGHTY YEARS OLD and still involved.

We need rich people. We need poor people. We need middle class. What we don't need is someone pining for a hand out because "it's not fair." "I didn't have help." "He inherited his dad's business." "They have a nicer house..." "They're so lucky."

Life isn't fair. One person's stubbed toe is another person's breast cancer. One person's abusive past is another person's priveleged but lonely existence.

I get tired of the complaints about the "rich people" and how they should give their riches away so everyone can have some. Fuck that. Ever read the story of the little hen who made the bread? Sowed the grain, tended the garden, harvested, kneaded the dough? She did all the work. Then when the bread was baking, everyone else came running for their slice.

Nope. That just doesn't cut it.

Gina

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7385 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... More 
Start   721 to 730 of 1604   End
TOPIC: W T F