W T F : Swingers Discussion 20834710711
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsW T F
TOPIC: W T F
GoTo Page: Less ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... More 
Start   711 to 720 of 1659   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I havent been over to that thread yet so i dont know whats written there but I didn't intend to "paint" it that you were defending Tsarnaev. Mrs Sav had posted that she didn't realize that Rolling Stone had a history of putting killers on the cover. I posted about the difference in the two men there just as I did here. I did make reference to my post here simply to make it clear that I knew I was posting the same argument in two places. I didn't name you and it was not my intention to accuse you of something. I sincerely apologize that it came across that way. I honestly have no idea about you feel about the cover but given what I've read about your position on a variety of international issues, I would never believe that you support Tsarnaev.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(4449 posts)
Holly,

I'm going to tell you what I told you in the thread where you dragged this to attempting to paint it as if I was defending Tsarnaev or justifying what the magazine did.

No one is defending him, nor the Rolling Stones magazine. Pointing out the flaw in the logic of those who disagree with Tsarnaev's photo on the cover but have no problem with Manson being there, is not dismissing what was done by either or the magazine.

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(16829 posts)
"Amy Fisher had a made-for-tv movie"

She makes other "movies" now. Wink wink, nudge nudge,

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19878 posts)
Sed - Rolling Stone did put Charles Manson on their cover but both the origin and denouement of his story related to the entertainment industry. He moved out to CA with dreams of becoming a famous musician and his initial followers were groupies who listened to him play. He co-opted the Beatle's Helter Skelter and used it to instill fear of race war. He stood trial for his role in killing actress Sharon Tate.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(4449 posts)
I know fj and agree,,

Mickey.

Rayne LA
Username hidden
(5003 posts)
Actually Mickey I will buy the magazine and read the article when I get a chance. If you can't see the irony in that picture, and who the bomber was you are missing it.

It is just the same as the 12 year old Trayvon Martin that was shown as a angel by the media for over a year. When in reality he was not even close to that innocent 12 year old. And people across the country bought into it. Now we know from the trial, and especially the resent revelations by Rachel that he not only was profiling for violence someone he thought was a cop, he was a homophobe that she was egging on.

I am not sure if RS intended to make a mockery of the mainstreem media, but they did a fine job. Kudos to Rolling Stone. Many of the same people here who bought into the innocent Trayvon scheme are now ranting about the cover of RS.

As to the article when I read it, I am sure it is going to point to the fact that many people thought the bomber was a nice young man. And this is one of the things that a picture with a red dot on his forehead cannot convey, that sometimes monsters have many forms. There is a message there they are giving, open your mind to it.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19439 posts)
Couldnt agree more with every single word Holly said, including the part about sending a message that murderers are part of what entertains us......because they absolutely are.

A few months ago, the country was glued to their teevees watching the manhunt for Christopher Dorner.

A movie about the killing of Bin Laden was in theaters about a week after he caught a bullet.

Practically every major serial killer in this country has had a movie made about him or inspired by his killing spree.

We watched OJ being chased by the cops around LA metro.

Amy Fisher had a made-for-tv movie, which I think at 1 point was (one of) the highest rated tv movies ever.

Capone, Dilinger, Billy the Kid, Bonnie and Clyde....the list goes on and on. We aren't just infatuated by murderers and violent criminals, we're obsessed with them. Anyone who argues to the contrary has their head in the sand.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3203 posts)
fj I said and will again If the dude was shot to pieces Id love it,,But I know the constitution well and know they can do that, But Just would not put that shit on my magazine thats all Im saying.

Mickey.

Rayne LA
Username hidden
(5003 posts)
How many of you want to live in a free country with liberty. With that comes freedom of the press.

I can't believe some of you are following the masses with this silly political correctness bullshit which the same bullshit that has allowed our rights to be trampled.

You can't expect YOUR rights respected if you do not respect the rights of others, and that includes the press.

Mickey I am especially surprised at you. I would have thought you understood the concept of our constitution. If you don't like it, don't read it, but they damn well have the right to print it, and put any picture on the cover they deem to sell their publication.

You might as well hand your guns over, because there are a lot of people offended by you having them. Never mind the constitution, if we can bend it against Rolling Stone, they can bend it against you.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19439 posts)
hollymmm69: I totally agree with you.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(3304 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... More 
Start   711 to 720 of 1659   End
TOPIC: W T F