Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics W T F
TOPIC: W T F
GoTo Page: Less ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... More 
Start   701 to 710 of 2021   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Well I hate to admit it a bit but I do agree that the middle east wars were a huge mistake. (WTF even agreeing with Robert a little)

That said by the time Regan left office the economy was humming along pretty good and there was an actual surplus instead of a deficit for Clintons terms. We had 16 consecutive years of good leadership with Regan and Clinton. We need that again.

Username hidden
(2809 posts)
The distasters are not the effect of an action or inaction, but the action that caused it.

Like our intervention in Afghanistan, that lead to al quada (Taliban being a Pakistani lead group), we paid for our errors almost 25 years later, with 9/11.

Between the cost of both mismanaged wars (Afghanistan and Iraq), plus the international black eyes our tortute programs have caused us, to say nothing of the actual economic impact we have he to suffer from these wars... It is safe to assume that unless the yellow stone caldera blows its top, all future problems can be related or will point to Afghanistan and Iraq.

Remember, your generation didn't use my generations credit card for these wars, that was run up in the 80s by Ronald Reagan, and the Cold War. No, we have been running up the debt on the credit card which belongs to our children's children.

If that doesn't destroy our economy, it truly will be an act of god.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(8197 posts)
With more than 85 years to go in the 21st century it's likely a little premature to consider these to be the greatest disasters. By the time this century is nearing completion, the "Bush Wars" will be historical footnotes.

If the worst disasters of the 21st century are already behind us, we should consider ourselves very fortunate. A very quiet 85 years are ahead of us.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(22705 posts)
I agree that Iraq and Afghanistan weren't real wars, because of a number of reasons, you Vabeach have stated a good one.

As for the below quote about the Iraq war, it is in fact one of our greatest disastors of the 21st century. Not only was there nothing gained, but the war singlehandedly gave our enemies legitamicy. Nothing good came from it, and we spent countless trillions of our wealth fighting a meaningless war that ruined the economy and caused the price of gas to rise.

If there is a silver lining, the raises price of oil will push innovation and development of alternative fuels... We hope.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(8197 posts)
Most people are ridiculing the comment because she got her centuries wrong. If you ask me that's the minor infraction. Even if it was in 20th century, to suggest it was comparable in any way to wars like WW1 or 2, the Sino-Japanese war, Vietnam, or any number of civil wars that happened is beyond ridiculous.

I've pissed off people by saying that Iraq and Afghanistan were not "real" wars. The kind where thousands of bodies come home every week. Can you imagine if the media announced every death in ww2? There wouldn't be enough minutes in a day.

People disappoint me on a regular basis.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(22705 posts)
Do people even bother to think anymore before opening their mouths?

Brookhaven MS
Username hidden
(11977 posts)
The Iraq invasion was "perhaps the most catastrophic war of the 20th century"

- Eleanor Holmes, DC's non-voting rep to the House

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(22705 posts)
So small government? Deregulation? Here is the best reason to reject these ideas.

ht tp://finance.yahoo.co m/news/north-dakota-finds-more-radioactive-oil-waste-200152855--finance.html

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(8197 posts)
Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn's campaign tweeted—and then quietly deleted—several messages urging backers to read an article comparing black Republican voters to Jews who collaborated with the Nazis.

Chicago Sun Times writer Neil Steinberg has penned a column comparing black supporters of Republican gubernatorial candidate Bruce Rauner to Jews who collaborated with the Nazis against their brethren.

“As a general rule, individuals will sell out the interests of their groups in return for personal benefit,” Steinberg wrote in his column, which claimed that Rauner is buying off the black community and its leaders. “It isn’t just a black thing. Jews collaborated with the Nazis during World War II, helping them to round up their own people in the hopes they’d be the last to go.”

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(22705 posts)
Gollie Geee

Brick NJ
Username hidden
(1729 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... More 
Start   701 to 710 of 2021   End
TOPIC: W T F