W T F : Swingers Discussion 20834710672
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsW T F
TOPIC: W T F
GoTo Page: Less ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... More 
Start   672 to 681 of 1543   End
User Details are only visible to members.
In the mind of a typical poor person, is that the rich have free time, and they can pick and choose how to spend it. Which is possibly so, but more often than not, it isn't the case. Bobby for example is one of those people, I'm certain that his grandpop the DroneyOne holds the same outlook, as well as a few other liberals which often display their cerebral bankruptcy. It never crosses their feeble mind that, sometimes, just sometimes people actually do work, and they work VERY hard, make wise decisions and as a result are able to pull themselves out from the gutter.

I always wonder, why are these people so envious of others, why are they constantly insisting on looking into the purse of others, why are they whining endlessly instead of actually doing something to better themselves? Is crying victim going to get them out of the dirt? or is working, and making smarter choices will.

Weirdos.

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16299 posts)
"Adjective abuse is a pet peeve."

I was verbed yesterday.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
VB, I said the same arguments can be made for high or low-income folks. You seem to have thought I was inverting your argument, but I thought I was balancing it.

There's a big gulf between 60 hours and 10 hours. Most people aren't really extremists in real life.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Adjective abuse is a pet peeve.

Amherst Canada
Username hidden
(2368 posts)
OK let me rephrase....

It wasn't so much your argument itself that I found ridiculous, but rather, what you were implying - that the poor are hard working people with no free time while the rich work once in a while but have lots more free time. Am I reading too much into what you're writing? Or are you saying the rich are working too much?

People don't just work to make ends meet. People work to try to achieve their goals. In our case it's to be financially set by age 50 working perhaps 5-10 hours a week to avoid having to dig into our investments until we are much older, and fully retire perhaps at age 65-70.

The worst thing that could happen to this country is for the $500 an hour people to cut back to 5-10 hours a week. It would be a tax revenue disaster.

Land O Lakes FL
Username hidden
(19159 posts)
You're so out of it, mt.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
I experience feelings of awe when I look up at the night sky and contemplate the vastness of the universe.

My teenage niece thinks Justin Bieber is awesome.

Amherst Canada
Username hidden
(2368 posts)
And I said poor people often have 2 or 3 subsistence-level jobs that leave them with very little discretionary time. It's not ridiculous at all to suppose if you make $500 per hour you could afford to work less than 60 hours. Who needs $20,000 a week to make ends meet?

Meanwhile, the poor person may actually have to pay someone else to mow their lawn, when they do not have any free daylight time, they can't take the day off to do it, weather is a constraint, etc.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
""Or one could argue that the more money you make, the less you have to work, so free time becomes even more available. ""

I said *that* was a ridiculous argument. Not a blanket statement on everything you have said.

Land O Lakes FL
Username hidden
(19159 posts)
So, even though I understand your argument ... Even though I fully agree with what you've said... It's just "ridiculous" that I would have anything to add?

You don't really owe me or anyone else a fuller explanation. But you may get a clue in all this, as to why some people don't make sense to you.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... More 
Start   672 to 681 of 1543   End
TOPIC: W T F