W T F : Swingers Discussion 20834710201
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsW T F
TOPIC: W T F
GoTo Page: Less ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... More 
Start   201 to 210 of 1533   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I find it interesting the mythology that has grown up around Reagan.

Even a hard line conservative outfit like Cato admits that "Reagan failed to radically reduce the size of government."

In fact, Reagan added a quarter of a million federal employees compared to Carter.

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17349 posts)
Oh lawd,,,More crap from the writer.

Mickey

Rayne LA
Username hidden
(4836 posts)
Sexy:

Regan didn't beat the soviets, Stalin did that himself with how he mismanaged the country after WWII, and killing off everyone smarter than himself. These are not hallmarks of communism, rather the corruption of it.

As for government cuts vs spending? Regan's cuts were 1 dollar for every 10 he added to defense spending. His reduction to the taxes bein paid into the country, ensured that all future spending was to be done by the credit card.

As for the infulstructure, I cannot speak to this as fact or not, however I know for a fact that when PA gutted PENDOT, and empowered local governments to maintain the roads and interstate, our infulstructure fell into disrepair.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7258 posts)
In fact, having lived thru his era, I would call his Presidency the Productivity Presidency. He got the nation producing efficiently again, tax income rose, and indeed, he did spend more on roads, infrastructure, and education - because he had the money, and didn't have to borrow it for my kids to have to pay later.

Wilmington DE
Username hidden
(844 posts)
Another rather important fact is that Reagan won the Cold War with Russia, and he mainly did that by over powering the Communist State economically. With reduced Government here, reduced taxes here, and with solid support for real growth (instead of Hope and Change bullshit) he really made a difference. We would be well to repeat his disciplined and goal oriented approach to government.

Wilmington DE
Username hidden
(844 posts)
Frank we do have to admit Regan had the country in great shape. All who wanted,, had jobs, He cut the size of government way down, And he damn sure did not bow to or run from any other nations, I miss Regan allot.

Mickey.

Rayne LA
Username hidden
(4836 posts)
Looking from the outside..RDY2 you are swiming in kool-aid.

Ellicottville NY
Username hidden
(60 posts)
And compared to modern standards Regan was a thrifty bastard. My facts are just fine, I remember those days including the turn around that started at the end of his term that continued with bush and Clinton. I happen to hate koolaid or any other sickly sweet crap that goes with either of the party lines.

Lexington KY
Username hidden
(1800 posts)
Stop with the Regan Bullshit.... he was one of the biggest spenders in Republican history. Stop drinking the KOOLAID and learn the facts not the talking points.

Brick NJ
Username hidden
(1139 posts)
Reagan over saw the largest expansion of no-bid contracting sense bush jr and WWII and the greatest empowerment of so called capitalist who immediately sent our jobs to the third world. When the 70s saw the downfall of the unions, the mid to late 80s saw the ending of American manufacturing.

The tech boom wasn't a boom, it was the soggy land that was covered my water. The waters receded, leaving the tech industries as our only good middle class jobs remaining. Without a strong low-end middle class, even the tech market could not last. The demand for products died out and now we have three global tech companies. Google, Microsoft and apple.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7258 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... More 
Start   201 to 210 of 1533   End
TOPIC: W T F