W T F : Swingers Discussion 20834710181
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsW T F
TOPIC: W T F
GoTo Page: Less ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... More 
Start   181 to 190 of 1323   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Vabeach:

On the issue of hiring quotas, you and I actually agree in total. While I prefer to be surrounded by females (in most cases) I do not believe that any job ought be allowed to have a quota of workers.

Forced diversity doesn't help and the education system has always been more than a 50/50 mix of male to female.

As for religions? That quota is simply beyond stupidity. I actually do hope that a christian group sues the school district over it.

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(6877 posts)
Apparently, suburban Detroit's public schools have so many good teachers that they can afford to give hiring preference to certain minorities (which, collectively, are a majority, since women are 1/2 the population). Basically everyone but me.

Their union contract states, with respect to filling vacancies "Special consideration shall be given to women and/or minority defined as: Native American, Asian American, Latino, African American and those of the non-Christian faith. "

Well, I'm an atheist - am I covered under non-Christian faith?

I might add that we usually see these sorts of things in places I don't want to live anyway.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17598 posts)
1) What NASA has said has been known by anyone caring to observe and study society.

2) Sexy, Goat farmers raise goats, because they sell and the government (insert nation) doesn't stop them, so to preserve the environment.

3) I won't be dancing in the streets, because the wealthy will ignore this warning, like so many before it. I'll dance when the wealthy choose to give up much of their wealth, to create sustainable equality and use of resources in a sustainable manner.

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(6877 posts)
IMO, this is the same type of 'science' that is used to support Global Warming.

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(16572 posts)
Robert is going to be dancing in the streets of hazleton.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17598 posts)
Well, Andrew, after spending a career living in and visiting the most poverty stricken countries in the world, I would have to say that it is not richness that destroys our environment, it is poverty and over population. A perfect example is in Pakistan where poor farmers raise goats because they are the only animal that will eat the scrub green life that borders deserts, and as a result, the desert gets larger and larger. It is the rich people who can afford to purchase fertilizer and put in water sources, like link canals which, using the Indus River Basin Program as an example, brought positive food production back to the Punjab of both India and Pakistan. I have always mistrusted these grandiose projections made by college professors pushing some manufactured crisis after another to assure they get plenty of grant money to further their careers and their collegiate importance. The one universal motivator seems to be fear on a scale too large for our imaginations to cope with.

Wilmington DE

Username hidden
(565 posts)
WTF is NASA doing funding this? WTF does this have to do with NASA's mission? Shouldn't a study like this, if it's done at all, happen at Commerce, Education, or maybe HHS?

Here's How NASA Thinks Society Will Collapse

Too much inequality and too few natural resources could leave the West vulnerable to a Roman Empire-style fall.

Few think Western civilization is on the brink of collapse—but it's also doubtful the Romans and Mesopotamians saw their own demise coming either.

If we're to avoid their fate, we'll need policies to reduce economic inequality and preserve natural resources, according to a NASA-funded study that looked at the collapses of previous societies.

"Two important features seem to appear across societies that have collapsed," reads the study. "The stretching of resources due to the strain placed on the ecological carrying capacity and the economic stratification of society into Elites and Masses."

In unequal societies, researchers said, "collapse is difficult to avoid.... Elites grow and consume too much, resulting in a famine among Commoners that eventually causes the collapse of society."

As limited resources plague the working class, the wealthy, insulated from the problem, "continue consuming unequally" and exacerbate the issue, the study said.

Meanwhile, resources continue to be used up, even by the technologies designed to preserve them. For instance, "an increase in vehicle fuel efficiency technology tends to enable increased per capita vehicle miles driven, heavier cars, and higher average speeds, which then negate the gains from the increased fuel-efficiency," the study said.

The researchers used what they termed a Human And Nature DYnamical (HANDY) formula to reach their conclusions. The formula uses factors such as birth rates, resources, and income classes to create a mathematical equation to project outcomes.

The study was sponsored by NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center and headed by the National Science Foundation's Safa Motesharrei.

For those who think modern society is immune from the problems that brought down ancient civilizations, a "brief overview of collapses demonstrates not only the ubiquity of the phenomenon, but also the extent to which advanced, complex and powerful societies are susceptible to collapse," the study said.

So how do we save ourselves? "Collapse can be avoided, and population can reach a steady state at the maximum carrying capacity, if the rate of depletion of nature is reduced to a sustainable level, and if resources are distributed equitably," reads the report.

nationaljournal. com/tech/here-s-how-nasa-thinks-society-will-collapse-20140318

Hilliard OH

Username hidden
(153 posts)
They will just hire another one.

Unless you would rather Michelle schlep down to 7-11 and get some twinkles and red Kool aid...

Lakeside CA

Username hidden
(17239 posts)
Oh for Christ's sake, Beach!

Wilmington DE

Username hidden
(565 posts)
White House executive pastry chef Bill Yosses is resigning after First Lady Michelle Obama fundamentally changed his job duties to focus on healthier food.

The openly gay chef was hired by Laura Bush in 2007 to make his trademark cookie plates and sugar sculptures. Mrs. Obama took over in 2009 and ordered Yosses to make healthier plates in smaller portions.

Yosses began replacing butter with fruit puree and sugar with honey and agave. But Yosses was never fully committed to the new policy. “I don’t want to demonize cream, butter, sugar and eggs,” Yosses said, noting that his departure from the White House is a “bittersweet decision.”

“For special, nostalgic occasions, we still make 20 percent traditional desserts,” he said. “Coconut cake with seven-minute frosting, lemon steamed pudding with layers of custard, mousse and cake, sticky toffee pudding and every kind of chocolate dessert possible.”

Michelle Obama said in a statement that she is “incredibly sad to see Bill Yosses go.”

[I would be too. Having my own personal world-class pastry chef at my disposal is not something I'm likely to ever experience myself]

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17598 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... More 
Start   181 to 190 of 1323   End
TOPIC: W T F