W T F : Swingers Discussion 20834710171
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsW T F
TOPIC: W T F
GoTo Page: Less ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... More 
Start   171 to 180 of 1543   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I'll jump in before Fun does and say that this is clearly an issue of Culture.

Land O Lakes FL
Username hidden
(19148 posts)
The New York Senate's debate about declaring yogurt the state's official snack was intended to teach a fourth-grade class about government. The Senate spent 45 minutes this week debating the merits of the legislation, which was introduced at the urging of students from a dairy-producing area in western New York.

Before passing the bill, senators mulled the distinction between snacks and meals and whether other snacks were more deserving.

"What exactly are we defining as a snack?" asked Sen. Gustavo Rivera, a Democrat from the Bronx.

"I think it's self-explanatory. I mean, you have breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and then you have snacks," said the bill's Republican sponsor, Sen. Michael Ranzenhofer.

"Did you consider, say, the potato chip?" Rivera asked, posing the same question about raisins and pretzels. He then asked: "What if the pretzel was dipped in yogurt?"

Sen. Liz Krueger, a Democrat from Manhattan, wrote on Facebook that she asked silly questions — including one about the bill's implications for lactose-intolerant New Yorkers — to criticize the priorities of Senate leaders. If Senate leaders "make us talk about yogurt, then that's what we'll talk about until they give us something better to do," she wrote. There's no word on when the state Assembly may take up the bill.

Other states with official state snacks include Texas (chips and salsa), Illinois (popcorn) and South Carolina (boiled peanuts).

Land O Lakes FL
Username hidden
(19148 posts)
Irony, Claiming someone who is social minded to be of the self-centered generation, when one's own generation gave onto all generations after theirs a debt that cannot be repaid, ruined international relations and a infrastructure that is failing on a national level.

Yep, I am certainly thinking of only myself when I demand a return from any investment into war (that means the amount of wealth this nation had before war is increased after the war), which we have not received.

Yes, I demand that businesses which have subsadized labor, be made to pay for that labor by returning to the nation more than it's employees receive in welfare money. Which businesses do not.

Yes, I do not allow you the room to lie about expectations of safety, either in war or in civilian life.

Your entire generation has lived in one state or another of hiding from your responsibilities to improve this nation. You sold our jobs to the third world and called it capitalism. You set up all of the social services so that your generation would receive them and no generation after your's would.

Yet, my generation is the selfish one?

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7364 posts)
Jesus! Ya think Bobbie is typical of the selfie generation?

Wilmington DE
Username hidden
(881 posts)
Lets be real, no number of soldiers we would have had at the embassy, would have done any better.

First, our soldiers are trained not to shoot unarmed civilians and over the last 14 years, have been conditioned to not shoot when there are civilians in the way. I cannot tell you how many times my father and his unit were ordered to not return fire, because they might hurt or kill civilians.

Second, even if we did have enough troops on the embassy walls, they must eat, and that means a consent supply of food and water must be shipped into the Embassy. This means the protection of supply trucks, something we cannot do, as the country is not ours to police like you would have to.

This leads me to the third point. The protection of the Embassy is the sole job of the local government and not the owners (in this case the US). Our military detachment are there only to guard the Ambassador from assassins or small numbers of people, not a riot like what attacked the Embassy.

This makes the job of being an Ambassador a thankless, job in which you are a target and with insignificant force to protect your life if the locals really want you dead.

Solution? Teleconference with the locals, do not put our people into harms way when the locals are not going to deploy their military force and police to protect our people.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7364 posts)
Eleanor Clift, is being considered, BROWN NOSE of the year.

Thornton CO
Username hidden
(457 posts)
"I hope she doesn't end up being secretary of defense or something."

If Eleanor Clift were being considered for Secretary of Anything that truly would be a WTF.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10817 posts)
The comments were made on Friday's edition of The McLaughlin Group where she's apparently been a regular for years. Transcript flows as follows:

ELEANOR CLIFT: I would like to point out Ambassador Stevens was not 'murdered'. He died of smoke inhalation in the safe room in that CIA installation.

SUSAN FERRECHIO: I don't think that's a fact, Eleanor.

CLIFT: I think that is a fact.

FERRECHIO: I've heard a drastically different story from people who are also in the know about that. So, I don't think it is --

PAT BUCHANAN: It was a terrorist attack, Eleanor. He was murdered in a terrorist attack.

CLIFT: It was an opportunistic terrorist attack that grew out of that video.

BUCHANAN: The video had nothing to do with it.

CLIFT: There were demonstrations across the world.

Land O Lakes FL
Username hidden
(19148 posts)
You know I don't even think you could make stuff like this up.

WTF could she have been thinking. I can't even figure out how there could be context missing that would have made that sound less stupid.

I hope she doesn't end up being secretary of defense or something.

Lexington KY
Username hidden
(2112 posts)
There are murder convicts all over the country relieved to hear that their convictions for murder-by-arson are about to be vacated and reduced to simple arson.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10817 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... More 
Start   171 to 180 of 1543   End
TOPIC: W T F