W T F : Swingers Discussion 20834710171
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsW T F
TOPIC: W T F
GoTo Page: Less ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... More 
Start   171 to 180 of 1323   End
User Details are only visible to members.
In principle, yes.

Do you foresee a situation in the future where 3/5 of both legislative houses in Illinois, the Governor, and the public all would support a repeal?

Put another way - do you think Illinois's people and government would ever overwhelmingly support a tax cut for millionaires? No. They'll be stuck with it forever. Results be damned.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17567 posts)
If they can vote to put it in their Constitution, I would imagine they could vote to remove it.

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(16572 posts)
I'm not really addressing taxation rates, more like the concept of writing them into the constitution. I can only guess the reasoning is to cement it in place so solidly that no election outcome will ever be able to change it.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17567 posts)
They recently put "water run off tax" in place here. Basically its a tax on how much impermeable surface you have. So if you happen to own a business with something crazy like a parking lot you get significant tax added to all the other goose-killing taxes. (ie they kill the goose that lays the golden eggs).

Not counting accounting fees and sales taxes I'm taxed at about 57%. I'm also not counting property taxes on my personal property, I really just don't want to know.

Lexington KY

Username hidden
(622 posts)
I've never heard of such a thing.

Illinois House Speaker Michael Madigan (D-Chicago) proposed a constitutional amendment Thursday. Under the proposal, a 3 percent tax would be incurred on all income over $1 million.

As for concern that high earners might leave the state, "“Well, if they’re in Illinois today, they’re probably so much in love with Illinois that they’re not going to leave,” Madigan said. "

What's that mean? We've done everything we can to chase them out but some of them are still here in spite of the shitty weather?

Putting a tax increase to the ballot is not what I am surprised about. It is writing tax rates directly into the state constitution. I'm guessing this is to cement it in so solidly that only a supermajority and overwhelming public support can undo it.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17567 posts)
Good:

Sadly.

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(6873 posts)
The language may get deleted, but you can bet that the practice will still be, well, practiced.

Brooklyn Park MN

Username hidden
(3843 posts)
*In fairness*

Just in the last few minutes, the story has been updated:

A spokeswoman from Ferndale Public Schools, who responded after the story's original posting, said the district does not discriminate when hiring.

"The district appreciates your bringing this antiquated language to our attention. The timing is perfect since Ferndale Public Schools just completed bargaining and, with the advice of our legal counsel and approval from the district EA (union) representative, this language will be deleted from new contracts," said Shelley Yorke Rose, a spokeswoman for the district. "Unfortunately, there are no employees in the district who have been here long enough to explain the origins of the language, which we estimate to have been inserted between 1976-79."

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17567 posts)
You can look at the contract yourself. The quoted segment is Section 10.3 on page 22.

w ww.ferndaleschools.or g/administration/links/transparency/FEA_contract_%2009-12.pdf

The contract is for 2011-2012, but it has since been renewed through 2017 so it is currently in-force.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17567 posts)
" and those of the non-Christian faith. "

Really? Is this true?

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(16572 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... More 
Start   171 to 180 of 1323   End
TOPIC: W T F