W T F : Swingers Discussion 20834710161
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsW T F
TOPIC: W T F
GoTo Page: Less ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... More 
Start   161 to 170 of 1659   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Well, yeah. "Radioactive" scares the hell out of most people although most of them have no idea what it means or where it comes from.

Depleted uranium has about 40% of the U-235 and 60% of the radioactivity of natural uranium, which is low enough that it is actually used as shielding material from real radiological hazards. We use it as armor for our military and literally throw it at our enemies (at high speed, of course).

Constructing a bomb out of U-235 is so formidable of a challenge that we don't bother anymore and use plutonium instead. A nation with the will and technical capabilities could do it, of course, if they wanted to badly enough. As for a source of uranium - there are good sources and there are bad sources, but almost every country has SOME source of uranium, albeit often of poor quality.

This will likely all be moot soon anyway since the ability to recover uranium from seawater has been developed for some time, giving any country with access to seawater effectively limitless uranium. My rough calculation says that 2.5 billion tons of seawater, or 1.4 cubic kilometers, has enough U-235 to make a bomb. That's about the amount of seawater in a small bay.

Of course, massive technical challenges. Terrorists are advised to spend their energy trying to steal an existing nuclear bomb rather than try to build their own - at least there is a snowball's chance in hell they could accomplish that.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19817 posts)
Sensationalism and drama, gotta luv it.

Lexington KY
Username hidden
(2631 posts)
Journalists and government officials who know nothing about nuclear chemistry are panicking at the theft of nearly 40 kg (88 pounds) of uranium compounds [I'm presuming uranyl nitrate, by far the most common] kept at Mosul University.

"Terrorist groups have seized control of nuclear material at the sites that came out of the control of the state," Alhakim wrote, adding that such materials "can be used in manufacturing weapons of mass destruction."

Since the material is neither pure nor enriched in any way, it of course poses no special radiological hazard. Bottles of uranyl nitrate (or any uranium-based material) can be kept, handled and stored with no special precautions. In spite of its fearsome reputation, uranium is not especially radioactive.

40 kg of uranyl nitrate contains approximately 24 kg of actual uranium, and contains 0.17 kg of uranium-235, the isotope required to build a nuclear bomb. The most simple design of nuclear bomb, a gun-type weapon (such as Little Boy) required 50 kg of uranium-235.

Since terrorists and journalists are more or less equally ignorant of the technical and theoretical challenges which prevent recovery of any significant amount of fissile material from this theft, it will likely be a huge news story. US forces have left many tons of uranium behind in Iraq, since depleted uranium is used to make armor plating and bullets. Depleted uranium still contains a significant amount of uranium-235. Anyone with a Geiger counter and knowledge of mineralogy can fill the trunk of their car with pitchblende and accumulate a similar amount of uranium without having to go through the trouble of stealing it from a university, as David Hahn - a teenager - demonstrated by scouring the shoreline of Lake Huron.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19817 posts)
Another political WTF.

"In the early Eighties, as a 22-year-old queer man living during the Reagan-Bush administration, I was afraid to get tested for HIV for fear of quarantine, the threat of internment camps and having my basic civil rights stripped away. I waited five years to get my first anonymous test. I am happy that attitudes have matured and changed, and I feel lucky that I live in a country where acceptance, tolerance and policy toward HIV-AIDS and LGBTQ issues have advanced as far as they have."

- REM's Michael Stipe.

What internment camps?!?!

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19817 posts)
Scott Fistler, twice a loser for electoral office in Phoenix, Ariz., as a Republican, decided in November 2013 that his luck might improve as a Democrat with a name change, and legally became “Cesar Chavez,” expected to poll better in a heavily Hispanic, Democratic Congressional district. Furthermore, according to a June report in Arizona Capitol Times, “Chavez”’s campaign website features photographs of frenzied supporters holding “Chavez” signs but which are obviously scenes from the streets of Venezuela at rallies for its late president Hugo Chavez.

A judge has removed “Chavez” from the ballot but only because some qualifying signatures were invalid. “Chavez” promised to appeal.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19817 posts)
"The IRS being used the way it was against the tea party groups is not the first time people and groups have found themselves audited or harassed bureaucratically."

It seems your side is so much better and in your face about it than the dems are.

When Bush went after this church with every agency he could muster:

ww w. npr. or g/templates/story/story.php ?storyId=14715290

Or the NAACP

htt p articles.baltimoresun. co m /2004-10-29/news/0410290318_1_tax-exempt-organizations-audit-naacp

It's so much fun poking holes in the shitty little conspiracy stories and outright lies of the illiterate right....

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3613 posts)
I am actually not in favor of forcing the name change and am against the grounds by which the patent office revolked their patent. It is walking the dangerous line if censorship like what you see in Germany with regards to their overreach with anti-Natiism.

I would much rather see the federal government take action vs hate groups like the KKK or armed Militias like at that ranch in Nevada. You know the one which had the militia organizers planing (openly) to put women and children into harms way so to cause a media blitz.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7580 posts)
No they are just forming up and regrouping for their next zimmerman style crusade

Lexington KY
Username hidden
(2631 posts)
DANG! Don't suggest that. I haven't heard much from those two all Americans lately. 'Spose their leader has taken away their bullshit from his bully pulpit?

Wilmington DE
Username hidden
(989 posts)
You would need a good way to generate money. Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson have that part down pretty well. Have they written any books about that yet?

Lexington KY
Username hidden
(2631 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... More 
Start   161 to 170 of 1659   End
TOPIC: W T F